Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:32 PM   #61

@ mknowles: One of the drawbacks to the S200 is the battery - I prefer to use AAs, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet to get all the other good things that come with the camera. At least the new HS20 will be a AA battery user.
@RattyMouse: I'm beginning to think you're right about the RAW program - not worth all the hassles. And, yes, you're right again about the battery - you get what you pay for. I shouldn't skimp on the battery after buying a premium camera.
Thanks to you both for the responses, it's greatly appreciated.
bluzfrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:56 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzfrek View Post
@ mknowles: One of the drawbacks to the S200 is the battery - I prefer to use AAs, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet to get all the other good things that come with the camera. At least the new HS20 will be a AA battery user.
@RattyMouse: I'm beginning to think you're right about the RAW program - not worth all the hassles. And, yes, you're right again about the battery - you get what you pay for. I shouldn't skimp on the battery after buying a premium camera.
Thanks to you both for the responses, it's greatly appreciated.
I own an HS10 and as excited as I was to have raw capabilities, the write-speed and shot-to-shot tradeoffs as well as the silkypix software aren't worth it.

Besides if you have photoshop and use the Genuine Fractals plugin you would be amazed at how large you can blowup a jpeg
mknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:59 AM   #63

I know I've shot more than 250 shots with the S200exr and never killed the battery, yet. I don't know the full extent of its life-cycle, but a 2nd battery on my S200exr would never see any action.
OnTheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote