Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:56 PM   #1

Default Holiday Light Pictures Help Needed

Has anyone taking any good holiday light displays with their Fuji HS10 yet? For the life of me I get great pictures from my camera except when I try to capture holiday light displays at night. I can't get them in focus and when I everything is blown out even with the EV set to - 1 or -2. I tired Auto, Auto SR, P and several of the modes like night mode, natural light etc.

What settings are you all using to get these type of pictures? Any secrets? I can't really use a tripod due to traffic, the road etc many of these are drive-bys or jump out of the car snap and jump back in. I don't think the camera is broken as everything else I have been taking is coming out perfect

Thanks in advance for you ideas and help

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2010, 4:38 PM   #2

If its photos where you need to take quick by car I bought one of these the other week and can say I am very impressed ! just wind wind down a bit clamps on and mobile tripod

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CAR-WINDOW...item2c58fc87fe
AdamSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:15 AM   #3

looking for camera settings vs using any kind of a tripod. Anyone else have any settings they have used with good results

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote