Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 27, 2003, 4:17 PM   #1

Default S5000 have manual regulation of focal lenght ?

I was read a lot of information about many types os digital cameras. Today i have a Canon EOS 3000 not digital. Is a low cost versatil camera and im very happy with this equipment. Them i want a low cost (more or less $600) digital camera whitch have a feature like my canon where i can choice manualy the focal length. 3MP is suficient and a built flash is good too. Canon Rebel is a good choice but cost $1000. I was studing about Fujifilm FinepixS5000 and is a good option but i wont know if is present there feature (manual regulation of focal length).

My thanks to everybody !
leandrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2003, 4:27 PM   #2

Default S7000 have

I read here that S7000 has: external focus/zoom control ring.
In pictures i think S5000 have it too. Im right ?
Old Dec 27, 2003, 4:47 PM   #3
Administrator

Sorry no, the S5000 only has zoom buttons. You need to look at the Minolta Dimage 7, 7i, 7Hi, A1 or Sony F828 if you want a manual zoom ring on the lens. There are some other cameras with zoom rings but these are "fly by wire" and not manual, they just replace the buttons and run a motorized zoom mechanism.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 5:00 PM   #4

Default Thanks !

Thank you and happy new year !
Old Dec 29, 2003, 7:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Sorry no, the S5000 only has zoom buttons. You need to look at the Minolta Dimage 7, 7i, 7Hi, A1 or Sony F828 if you want a manual zoom ring on the lens. There are some other cameras with zoom rings but these are "fly by wire" and not manual, they just replace the buttons and run a motorized zoom mechanism.

-Steve
Correct! S5000 doesnt have manual zoom ring. S7000 has but it is fly by wire and not mechanical one. F828 has two manual focusing rings. wish i had that on my S7000

rgds
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote