Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:12 PM   #11

I have sent off correspondence to Fuji US and Japan. To date I got one reply, that looked like it originated in India??????

They gave me a link to the PDF file.....uh, gee thanks.

This will be my last Fuji because of this (I've had 3). A company that can't understand, or meet the needs of its customer/consumer, gives me some serious doubt about this company's vision....too bad, as I like the camera, but I'm certain I can grow to like another manufacturer who has the fortitude to consider the users ease in learning the camera.

Sorry Fuji.....you lost me, not that I think you really care.
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:37 AM   #12

Hi Ed, sent out this morning. Should be with you soon.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Hi Ed, sent out this morning. Should be with you soon.
You are too kind, much appreciated my friend.

I guess this paper-less society is fast approaching, as I understand this is not to uncommon now. They have a new (or been around awhile now) electronic books that download and play back all sorts of files....I'm getting old. If before I die I have one more chance to turn the knob on a TV from channel to channel as my dad calls me a knob twister, my life will be complete!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:15 PM   #14

Unfortunately, this is the trend... easier for them to give you a CD-ROM than an actual book. They don't understand what's wrong with you printing out 144 pages on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, stapling it together and packing it around with you. Or they think you should carry a laptop around.
I would love to have a manual for the S200EXR I just got... I'm going to go to Kinko's and see what they can print out for me from the CD...
But the bottom line is, you should WRITE them- and COMPLAIN!! I did this last week... doubt if I'll get an answer, but at least if you holler, you can get some satisfaction- and if enough of us did, it's just POSSIBLE that they might respond. Doubtful, but possible.
One thing's for sure... if nobody objects, it sure won't change.
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes James View Post
Unfortunately, this is the trend... easier for them to give you a CD-ROM than an actual book. They don't understand what's wrong with you printing out 144 pages on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, stapling it together and packing it around with you. Or they think you should carry a laptop around.
I would love to have a manual for the S200EXR I just got... I'm going to go to Kinko's and see what they can print out for me from the CD...
But the bottom line is, you should WRITE them- and COMPLAIN!! I did this last week... doubt if I'll get an answer, but at least if you holler, you can get some satisfaction- and if enough of us did, it's just POSSIBLE that they might respond. Doubtful, but possible.
One thing's for sure... if nobody objects, it sure won't change.
The really silly thing about this is that a manual IS included with the camera. It would have been a very simple matter to add the 100+ pages to make it complete, and the cost would have been negligible, also. The bean counters saved some pennies, but it will cost Fuji in the long run.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:39 PM   #16

I got this back from Tokoyo today, via the USA....it was kind of funny as I got a copy of the Japanese email too!

I haven't tried this yet, but I'll pass it along nevertheless.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Dear Raymond,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM North America Corporation. Please allow us to assist you.

Please be advised that you may order the manual for your FinePix HS10 digital camera through our Digital Camera Parts Department by calling 1-800-659-3854, option #1 then #5. Please check with the above for pricing, availability and shipping information.

We sincerely hope this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. It would be our pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you for your interest in FUJIFILM products and services.

Respectfully,

Kelly, Imaging Support Team
Contact Center
FUJIFILM North America Corporation
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:25 AM   #17

Yeah just checked and the manual has 23 pages just like you said. Thought that was the full manual now I know better
dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:27 AM   #18

The manual I had was the full 134 page one, not arrived yet has it Ed?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
The manual I had was the full 134 page one, not arrived yet has it Ed?
Not yet....can't wait, THANKS again!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:11 PM   #20

Ok, let me know when it does, want it to arrive safely!