Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:48 PM   #1

Default Fujifilm HS10 with 4.5 HD Lens

Hey guys, I'm so happy to find this forum about cameras and their capabilities, I got the HS10 since last may, and had made some fine shots, also ( as I checked in this forum ) some people tried moonshots, I did s well, and I can tell I got good shots, Here they are in this link list:>

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/4381..._My_Photos.rar

The first 3 photos are in my neighborhood with full zoom extent and a distance not less than 30 meters, the others are for the moon, the photo that's indoors is for my private room showing my PC, but focus on the Fan, it seems stopped, but it's actually working at full power with 700RPM.

Ok, I just wanted to share my photos with you people, but my main subject about this post is the 4.5 HD Telephoto Lens that's being sold around the world, I'm about to spend about 100$ to buy it ( Including Shipping ) and saw some videos on Youtube.com showing a blurred video with the Lens, so I was a little scared, has any one tried it before, I don't want to put any link cause I respect the rules on this Forum, but you can search the Internet for it.

Also about the Macro Lens and Lens Filters, DO THEY REALLY FIT ON THE HS10......????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure so if any of you guys have ever tried something like these, I really appreciate the advices.

By the way, I don't remember how were the settings when I took these photos, but the one in my backyard were set on Auto Settings, cause they were the very first.

Thanks guys, and I hope I can become a professional Photographer.

Faiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:24 PM   #2

Default Faiyz

Welcome to the jungle ...

Just still didn't download your results, why didn't you simply attach them here, or you may upload them on flickr or some other photo hosts, then link or paste them here? It will be easier for us to see them. Anyway hopefully you are satisfied with your cam.

I have HS10, and I'm using 1.7 Sony TC HGD-1758. Some users here and out there are using different TCs with their HS10, but it seems to me the Sony HGD1758 or Sony DH1758 or Olympus TCon17 are giving satisfying results. You may search in this forum or out there about our trials on TCs. for the Sony TCs they have 58mm thread so you don't need any step up/down rings, and for the Tcon17 you need 58-55mm step down ring.

You seem to be interested in 4.5x HD from Zeikos? I'm not sure about that TC. But some people said it is better to stick with well-known brands and high-quality TCs. Even at Amazon I saw many negative user reviews about that particular TC.

Filters, yes HS10 perfectly accept 58mm filters and attach-lens. I'm using Hoya, Tiffen, B&W filters and closeup lenses, and all of them fit perfectly. Also 58mm-threaded collapsible rubber hood.

Have a good day...
loekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:12 PM   #3

Hello loekids,

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I really don't know any of the photo hosts to share my photos, I would appreciate a little help in that.

And thank you very much for the advise regarding the Lens and the filters, I'm still new to photographing, I wanted to have a camera that will meet my needs in taking pictures for my work and personal interests, and I wanted to have a complete set of accessories for it, but the 4.5 HD was always on the amazon whenever I search for HS10 accessories, so I thought it would be fine, but I got shocked.

Can you please give me more info on what brand I should get for the HS10 Lens and Filters!!!!

I'll try to look for a photo host to publish my photos, as for uploading them to the forum, the maximum allowed size is smaller than what I have, that's why I put them on Rapidshare.

Your info was really helpful, hope I can become an active and helpful member in this forum.

Regards to all.

Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:40 PM   #4

This is one of my HS10 shot. For the photo hosts, here I use flickr. Just register there and upload your photos, either as private or public, as you like. Then you can open one of them then just copy and paste here. Of course you don't need full resolution pics to upload.

The 4.5x HD we're talking about is a teleconverter (TC). There are many famous brands, but the ones suitable for HS10 are Sony 1758 series (DH1758 is the one available now), Olympus Tcon17 and some Raynox (I'm not sure which series). Canons DC58 series are said not compatible because of the deep thread. The 4.5x magnification of the Zeikos may seem amazing, but consider also the quality of the image, ie sharpness, color, detail, focusing speed etc. With 1.7x magnification (number 17 of the Sony1758 and Tcon17 means 1.7x magnification) you get equal 1200some mm of lens, and it's quite difficult to handle the cam still, don't be so optimistic with 4.5x magnification.

Lenses and filters, there are many many. But some of the famous, quite reasonable price and good quality brands are Hoya, Tiffen and B&W.

Last edited by loekids; Dec 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:14 PM   #5

For the Hoya, Tiffan and B&W, will any 58mm fit on the HS10, or I have to look for a specific model that fits on the HS10....???
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:55 PM   #6

Default 58 mm lenses and filters

Faiyz -
Yes, any 58mm will fit the HS10. I have recently purchased two filters and I have on the way a wide angle and telephoto lens (I got a wonderful deal on them both via Goodwill's auction site.)

Alongside
Alongside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:22 PM   #7

Photobucket and Picasa Webalbum are two free places to link in from with Photobucket being the easiest to use AND keep your EXIF data intact. Almost all other free sites strip the EXIF data. Flickr Pro does not strip the data but, then... it's not free.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:15 PM   #8

Default Flickr and Exif data

You don't have to have a pro account with flickr to read or share the exif data of a photo. When you brought up what ever picture it is just click on the camera that the person used and it will show you the exif data for that picture.

For an example here is one of mine that is on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jt-john...76385362/meta/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Photobucket and Picasa Webalbum are two free places to link in from with Photobucket being the easiest to use AND keep your EXIF data intact. Almost all other free sites strip the EXIF data. Flickr Pro does not strip the data but, then... it's not free.
Alongside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:59 PM   #9

So, that means if I buy any 58mm filter or Teleconverter, it will fit on it, but what about the frame-lock on the camera, there is a small frame-lock on the lens of the camera, and I'm not sure that all the 58mm will have the same frame-lock.

But I hope it's right, cause I'm tired of using the camera by itself, I'm planning on buying the filters along with the macro-lens, so I can take almost any type of photos anywhere.

Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiyz View Post
So, that means if I buy any 58mm filter or Teleconverter, it will fit on it, but what about the frame-lock on the camera, there is a small frame-lock on the lens of the camera, and I'm not sure that all the 58mm will have the same frame-lock.

But I hope it's right, cause I'm tired of using the camera by itself, I'm planning on buying the filters along with the macro-lens, so I can take almost any type of photos anywhere.

I think there is no problem with any 58mm filters and add-on lenses, except the Canon's DC58x series.
Have you tried the macro and supermacro mode of the HS10? It can focus close to 1cm. But it depends on your purpose of purchasing the macro-lens.