Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:39 PM   #1

Default Hs10 shutter speeds

Am I correct in this ... in M mode i can set shutter to 30sec only at iso100 , if I set iso 200 the max is 15 sec ... iso400 max 8 secs and so on ....
rebel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:22 PM   #2

You are correct the only setting you get 30s on is iso100 just had to grab my camera to check, always used iso100 for long night shots anyway so had not noticed it drop off as the iso went up

I am no where near the knowledge of other so wonder why you would want a high iso and long shutter ? normally as I understand you would increase ISO at night to keep shutter quick but when taking long shutter speed shots this is irrelevant so iso100 is fine?

Last edited by AdamSi; Jan 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM. Reason: added the question at end
AdamSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:34 AM   #3

thanks adam ... I was watching astronomy live on BBC2 and they were showing you how to take photos of the night sky.... they recomended ISO800 and a 30sec exposure at f4.5 but thats impossible on the HS10 ... but he was using a DSLR camera...... Paul
rebel06 is offline   Reply With Quote