Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:46 PM   #21

I have a fuji hs10 and want to purchase a set of Cokin p series grads + NDs. will they work on this type of camera?
Will the filter adapter and holder restrict the view etc?

Appreciate any feedback

Ken
Kenbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichK1 View Post
im a huge Fuji and Nikon fan

same here!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:08 AM   #23

for someone still shopping for a camera, this hs20exr seems pretty sweet!!!! would it be worth while to get this over the hs10?
bryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:38 PM   #24

Default Hs10

In My Humble opinion,,,,A definate YES. I have my order in already(for the 20) and will try and sell my HS10.
Rich.
RichK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:08 PM   #25

I got a second HS10 a week ago and I notice a few refinements myself on the newer one vs my first one. Also like you say mine is as sharp if not slightly more so on the long end as well. One bring that when I am forced to turn the silent mode off in order to use the flash their is now an option to mute the awful shutter sound.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryman View Post
for someone still shopping for a camera, this hs20exr seems pretty sweet!!!! would it be worth while to get this over the hs10?
It appears that at least some of the complaints that people had with the HS10 have been addressed in the HS20. I don't know if it will be a decent camera, but I'd definitely take it over the HS10.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:52 AM   #27

I checked out the accessories page right off the bat, and was thrilled to see the remote release RR80 listed, as well as a lens hood and a couple new external flash units. What I don't like is that the battery coupler cp-04 is still recommended...yet it is so very difficult to find. I have been looking everywhere for one for my HS10, and everywhere I look (in the US) is either out of stock or unavailable. Not a HUGE deal, but annoying.
genepooldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:14 AM   #28

Can anyone tell me if the HS20s burst mode is continuous til the card is filled or just for 7 frames like the HS10. The one thing that I really wanted in my HS10 was a longer burst mode and I thought reading all the previews that the 3fps and 5fps didn't have a dumb 7 frame limit. Seems like on the HS10 no matter what burst mode you use your limited to 7frames. Would love to be able shot 3fps and get 30+ frames before it can't hold any more and locks up.

Anyone know the previews say continuous and the HS10 reviews and specs say 3fps, 5fps, 7fps but never used the word continuous or gave a frame limit.

dave
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:35 PM   #29

Fuji sent me the answer on the burst mode question and it seems to get more than 1 seconds wroth of burst you need to set the camera to shoot in either 5mp or 8mp. With 3fps you can get 32 frames total in the 5 or 8mp mode and with 5fps you get a max of 23 frames in 5 or 8mp mode..... so its not really continuous shoot (at least thats how I read into it) just a few seconds worth of burst mode anywhere from 1 second 11 seconds worth depending on MP and fps chosen. But if I can truly shot at 8mp and 3fps and get 32 shots thats not too bad.........

dave
Old Feb 22, 2011, 6:33 AM   #30

If they say like that, is it likely the shot-to-shot performance also will be better?

Cause seems to me burst mode highly depends on the buffer capacity, as well as shot-to-shot performance. This thing (among other things) where HS10 lacks. If it will improve in HS20, then it's a nice welcomed improvement.
loekids is offline   Reply With Quote