Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 2, 2004, 11:03 AM   #1

Default please help!S5000 or Minolta z1!

Hello,could you help me,please? I have a problem like other million people on the world.I don't know what is better??minoltas z1 or s5000.I was made some photos by fuji and I am very satesfited.I looked up on z1 and I want you to advice what I Should buy?.I;m doeing artistic photography so i wanna get good focus and good Aperture .;]. help me to do a good choice!
kudranski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2004, 6:39 AM   #2

well first thing first, ask yourself what do you need in a camera...long zoom? long exposure? good handling? battery consumption? etc etc..

after you have listed out the characteristics, then you should start looking for camera.

i followed a friend that was looking for a digicam. we went to so many shops and tested so many camera. at the end of the day, still he could not decide which camera he wanted. at the end, he got the same camera as mine. :P S7000.

another thing is, when you have zoomed in to your choices, you should test the camera first before you make a final purchase. take some test shots and evaluate them.

happy hunting!
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:58 PM   #3

I would choose the s5000 over the z1 for two reasons: 1) the Z1 is not a sturdy camera, the mechanism that switches the LCD to the EVF can lock up easily and the entire camera has a cheap feel to it. 2) the s5000 has the has the super CCD HR sensors, which is a pretty cool feature
A third thing, but not something i am 100% sure about is the lens' that fuji use are higher quality than the menolta
Devatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 4:23 PM   #4

I would also choose the S5000 over the Z1 because I have had the opportunity to use my son's S5000. The camera has a good feeling in my hands, takes very pics, very good zoom lens, and a photo assist lamp.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 5:04 PM   #5

Default Great question.....I am in same dilema

Hi Everyone,Digicam newbie here:

I am also wanting to buy either the Dimage Z1 or Fuji S5000.

From what I have compared the Dimage shoots video 640x480 @30fps

the S5000 shoots it at only [email protected] fps.

S5000 has max resolution of 2816x2120

Dimage is 2048x1536.

Dimage-has time/date stamp if that matters.

I'm still unsure what to get but i am going to watch this thread.Thanks for posting it.
Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 5:12 PM   #6

Vermont

The max resolution for the Z1 and S5000 are the same. The resolution that you stated is in the S5000 interpolation mode. The true comparison of apples to apples is the cameras have the same max resolution.

Look at sample pictures for both cameras at www.pbase.com/cameras

Using the digital camera for a movie camera has many limitations. I would advise using video camera for video shooting.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:42 PM   #7

Default I have alot to learn....

Thanks gibsonpd,

I guess your right about the video cam for videos thought.I do plan on taking 90% stills but I do like the fact of being able to make a quick small video with it.....funny stuff,nothing important.

Something about the S5000 just caught my eye.Maybe it was the grip style..lol don't know. A few of my friends have the S3800 and love it.
Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:52 PM   #8

Your solution is to get the S5100 !!
It was a tossup for me between E550 and S5100 ... went with the E550 and am very happy with pic quality.
I found this thread, cause I too want a date stamp burned into my picture...

What digital print processors (local or 'net) will print the exif info on back, or maybe the pic date on image?

JurgyMan
JurgyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:35 AM   #9

IMHO I would get the S5100, I think images & video are better then the Z3, plus I think the images are cleaner then the S5000 because it is a conventional 4mg CCD, it also has hi grade 640X480 30fps video, and 64-400 iso settings.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:43 AM   #10

think about S5500(5100). good photo and good price.

or e550, same as f810 but cheaper in battery though its plastic body not as strong and slim as 810.
dasha is offline   Reply With Quote