Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:48 AM   #11

I was also in front of S5k vs. S602 in the store, 6 months ago. I got the s5k eventually. Different people have different evaluation systems. Don't criticize how other people think.

If 6 months ago, S7k would have been released, and I would have been in a situation s5k vs s7k, then I don't know ... could have been s5k, could have been s7k.
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 11:24 AM   #12

Veedee,
I did not criticize any one but the method of unswerving the quest for help. Every digital camera so differ one from another that it is a really tough decision. These are both 3Mp cameras and both are very interesting. That is why the full detailed reviews for these two cameras are posted on http://www.dpreview.com/reviews.
I have copied the final table for each camera and because these two belong to the same 3Mp class the data are comparable.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujis602z/
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms5000/

See Conclusion section (results below):

602Z S5000 .
Construction 8.5 8
Features 8.5 8
Image quality 8.5 7
Lens / CCD combination 8 7
Ease of use 8 8
Value for money 8 8

I would also go for S7000 but it is not worth it to upgrade my S602 to S7000. I plan to wait for the next generation. The 602 is plenty of camera with full manual control and excellent results. I still need to grow to my skills and the 602 is a correct tool.
Leo
LeoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:06 AM   #13

No serious reader goes to the conclusion page where the author gives those silly ratings. Read the dpreview.com forums and see how Phil was casted into void for his conclusions.

Other than that, I agree with you

Cheers!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 11:13 AM   #14

Default go with a brand new s5000

I have recently purchased a s5000 after reading recommendations in this site.

And couldn't be happier about my purchase.

I have previously owned Fuji 4900, Minolta s414 and Canon G2. The s5000 beats all of them.

And why buy a refurbished camera, when you can get a new for around $300 ?

Thanks,

www.visit4deals.com
sunny4uo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:10 PM   #15

I did finally get my S602 early this week, and with the little time I've had to play with around with it, I'm really happy with my decision! I really like the feel next to the S5000, and having the ability to have 2 memory cards in the camera at the same time (even if one is the tiny smart media card) is a nice backup if I'd ever forget to bring more memory along. I'm simply amazed at all the different things that this camera does...then again, this is my first digital camera, so it's a stretch to say that it's better than other cameras that I have no experience with. I hope to use it and explore a lot of the features this weekend...thanks a lot everyone for your opinions and pointing out stuff that I missed when reading some of the reviews...now it's time for add ons...like memory, lenses, memory, filters, memory, a tripod (maybe...we'll see), and oh yeah...memory (found out how fast a 512 meg card can get filled in the movie mode! lol) Thanks again!
paddyboy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 12:22 AM   #16

Congratulation!!!
I have my 602 for almost a year and my second camera Canon S400 for 4 months. I am having S400 with me more often because of its size but for better images I am using 602. The 602 has enough quality and capability to survive through several new digicam generation. I am very happy with my choice also. It is amazing camera for photo-amateur.
Leo
LeoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 3:47 AM   #17

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=7406490