Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:44 PM   #1

Default Hujifilm HS10 firmware will not install

I have a FujiFilm HS10 and I am trying to install firmware V1.04. When I try to install the firmware, the HS10 tells me to install new batteries. I have installed 3 new sets of alkaline batteries and I get the same results. I was able to upgrade V1.01 to V1.02 without any problems. Does anyone have a solution.

Last edited by Yngen; Mar 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM. Reason: spelling error
Yngen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:03 PM   #2

Try to do a complete RESET of the camera from inside the menu. Then try to upgrade again.

What method are you using?

Connecting the camera directly using USB cord and the .EXE file

or copying the .DAT file onto a freshly formatted SD card ?
mbrobich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:31 AM   #3

I have reset the HS10 byt I still get the same message to install new batteries when I try to upgrade the firmware. I copied the new firmware onto a formatted SDHC card. I am using the same approach that I used to upgrade from V1.01 to V1.02.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngen View Post
I have reset the HS10 byt I still get the same message to install new batteries when I try to upgrade the firmware. I copied the new firmware onto a formatted SDHC card. I am using the same approach that I used to upgrade from V1.01 to V1.02.
Do a reset then leave the batteries out for at least 24 hours. If that doesn't work, write/call Fujifilm.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:59 AM   #5

That message is just a reminder, if you've already put fresh batteries in the camera just ignore it and continue.

I also tried installing the update by moving the files to an SD card but it didn't work.

This is the procedure I followed:

1) Download the EXE file to your desktop (I put the DAT file there as well to be safe, but apparently it's not necessary).
2) With a formatted SD card and a set of fresh batteries in the camera, connect it to the computer.
3)Turn on the camera.
4)Click the EXE file and let it install itself into the camera.
5)Turn off the camera and unplug it from the computer.
6)Wait a few seconds and turn the camera back on while pressing the 'disp/back' button.
7)The camera will confirm the update, press 'yes' to install and you're done. It only takes a few seconds.

I had difficulty installing v1.04 as well because the instructions are very vague to say the least. This did the trick for me, hope it helps.
Fujifilm FinePix HS10, Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Pentax E-80 P&S, Sunpak auto383 flash, Optex slave flash, Velbon VGB3 heavy-metal tripod, TechPro TP-242 tripod with B62 ballhead, assorted filters and other bits.

Last edited by toshi43; Mar 30, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:24 PM   #6

I tried updating from my computer and received an I/O error adn the update terminated. I will try and contact Fujufilm again. They have not responded to my last note from a week ago, Thanks for trying to help.