Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonnyMestampo View Post
I have an HS10 and the only reason I see to get an HS20 is the screen resolution. I only use the camera on manual and never with raw.
In the HS20 they should make manual video options, because in the HS10 when recording video everything is in auto.
About the image quality, I think both must be the same.
Which is why you buy a VIDEO CAMERA.

Do you have the HS-20EXR or are you just GUESSING the image quality is the same?
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Mar 29, 2011 at 8:07 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:06 PM   #12

There are cheaper cameras than HS10 with some kind of manual settings for recording video, and when I see a camera that record 1000fps or full hd and manual focusing ring like this one, I'm expecting to be able to use that focus ring while recording video. Is it really hard to make manual focus with the ring of the camera for video recording? I think that could be done even with a firmware update.
YonnyMestampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonnyMestampo View Post
There are cheaper cameras than HS10 with some kind of manual settings for recording video, and when I see a camera that record 1000fps or full hd and manual focusing ring like this one, I'm expecting to be able to use that focus ring while recording video. Is it really hard to make manual focus with the ring of the camera for video recording? I think that could be done even with a firmware update.
I just sold my HS-10, I am getting my HS-20 tomorrow. Will let you know what I find.

Yonny, Please pose your questions elsewhere, not here !! This is supposed to be HS-10 compared to HS-20.
mbrobich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:07 PM   #14

Please pose your questions elsewhere, not here !! This is supposed to be HS-10 compared to HS-20. [/QUOTE]

.... and .... thanks so far to those who have posted their comparisons.

One thing is the video worse off than on the HS10 as I never had an issue with any video I shot with the HS10 turning off or having any kind of issues.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Which is why you buy a VIDEO CAMERA.

Do you have the HS-20EXR or are you just GUESSING the image quality is the same?

i agree with you except that this camera is marketed specifically for the video and still images, thats why its called the "HS", high speed, as in high speed video. I was greatly dissapointed by the video quality of this camera, i had great hopes for it, the IQ was great, but the video is horrible, and im not exagerating, I have $67 cameras that i have bought off the rack that take better video than the HS-20, if you're not worried about video, buy the camera, but this is a $500 camera that takes HS video and the video does not stay in focus for longer than 4 seconds, and there are plenty of cameras in the $300 range that can capture images as good as the HS-20. Until they can fix the video of the camera, there is no way i would reccomend this camera to anybody, that is why i returned mine. i would rather have the issue with the record time not improved, than to have a camera with unusable video like this, it is that bad. if you dont believe what im saying just go on youtube and search for HS-20 video test or video quality, you'll see what i mean-
nomad147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Please pose your questions elsewhere, not here !! This is supposed to be HS-10 compared to HS-20.
.... and .... thanks so far to those who have posted their comparisons.

One thing is the video worse off than on the HS10 as I never had an issue with any video I shot with the HS10 turning off or having any kind of issues.

dave[/QUOTE]

THAT I can't tell you, Dave. I didn't shoot video with the HS-10 and there's a REAL good chance I won't with the HS-20EXR. I can tell you the EXR mode(s) are really good and that the camera operates just fine with a TCON-17. Here are a couple of comparison shots I got in before I sold the HS-10.

HS-20EXR

HS-10
My Gallery

--
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:23 PM   #17

Thanks - I don't use the video mode much but when I do fire and rescue shooting their a few times when I just need to get a useable 640x480 clip of something. I have never had an issue with my HS10 but the above posts make me think the HS20 video has issues with it shutting off each. While I don't need HS or 1000fps video I do like to have the option to grab a small video clips when the need arises without having to carry a video camera...........
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:57 PM   #18

I shot a few short videos today with my HS20, they were very good in quality, but I havent compared to the HS10 yet. Picture quality is definately better/cleaner than HS10(was very noisy if light was not good) HS20 is probably 35-40% faster at processing between shots.
mbrobich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:07 AM   #19

Default Couple of macros

These are without my DCR-150/250 attached. The HS-10 is very good with macros and the HS-20 has retained that quality.

Tulip petal
My Gallery

--
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:12 PM   #20

Here is a good series of photos done with the new HS20:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1000968

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote