Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:48 PM   #11

Great pics!
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:58 AM   #12

Thank's lifeforms for your kind words.
You must have an eye for beauty.
I love the HS20 more and more. I'm in the process of finding out what the camera is capable of with all it's nuances.
I think the camera is unbelievably good. High quality pictures from 24-720 mm in a compact setting is something one could'n dream of before this monster was launched.
Quality ISO 1600 in a compact is a new milestone.
I dare to say it's a revolutionairy camera.
btw don't dump the S6500. Hell of a camera for those days.

Regards,
guus
Attached Images

guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:07 PM   #13

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
Old Apr 18, 2011, 4:44 AM   #14

Default hey Guus

Hey, no problems Guus, I give credit where credit is due.

I was comparing your shots with an entry level Nikon with a much smaller focal length and your shots appear to be sharper keeping plenty of detail from frame to frame, you can see each blade of grass.

You seem to know what you're doing too, I like the guitar player in your recent set, again a slight blurring of background with highest aperture Im guessing.

Can I aks a question - what is Auto mode like and is it easy to get good quality shots at maximum lens reach in this mode?

To be honest I would use the camera from 28mm to 300mm would probably rarely use a magnification but want to buy a tool that will 'cover all bases for a few years'.

Really glad you're enjoying it Guus, it looks like a good camera. Above all, I think its all about getting out there and having fun!

Sadly I sold s5600 in foolishness to buy F300EXR compact. The F300EXR can be a bit hit and miss. but it is only a compact and I got a good deal on it. It is manily to be used for when I go to Galstonbury Festival this year and gigs/parties etc etc.

I noticed at the museum- was it the romantic painters exhibition?, did you go and see this out of interest? It is coming to TATE in London soon.

Thanks for putting the new image gallery up!
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:57 AM   #15

Oh, and what is it like at pan-focus ? I want to do a lot of landscape photography with mine.... do you have any samples? From what I can see at 24mm or is it 28mm it seems fine? Just wondered what it was like with infinity distances? Thanks
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:58 AM   #16

Hello lifeforms,

Those photo's I took in that garden and from the museum were an experiment. Wanted to see what result the integral light measuring system had. It was a little strange and I noticed that effect before. Could be me but when you change a setting on these Fuji's it seems that the camera has to "get used " to it. The first photo's were too bright but later on they became better and better without changing the setting. Light conditions did not change during that period . The slide show show the photo's in reverse order. The garden photo's I took came first, followed by the museum photo's. Finally I liked the shadow nuances on the walls combined with the architecture of the building. Yes I'm planning to visit that exhibitian in the museum. The museum is called the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Not until the camera starts talking to me I don't believe it is doing things on his (here?) own .
To answer your question about the zooooooooom. 720 get's rather difficult to do without shaking, but it can be done. (that was the shot of the guitarplayer).
Another important thing I learned on the dpr site (the last thing) was a tip from a man called Lloydy who found out that the tracking focussing feature works really good, not only for tracking things but for everything. I put it on tracking, the camera focusses really fast and accurate.
I have never had the overheating warning signal. The temperature in the Netherlands is now about 15 degrees celsius. The firmwareversion on this HS20 is 1.01.
The camera works fine.
Hope you get the HS20 for your birthday, you will enjoy it !

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:32 AM   #17

Default Rough

I know sailors are rough people, but that rough ?

Regards,
guus
Attached Images

Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:24 AM   #18

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
I know sailors are rough people, but that rough ?

Regards,
guus
Ha ha, man without hats...
@ Guus, little question, where did you buy your HS20 ? and price ?

greetz

Sprint
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:00 AM   #20

Hello Sprint,

I got my HS20 about three weeks ago. A store called camera express in Capelle aan de IJssel in the Netherlands had a few. The price was euro 449,-
Digitalstreet.nl is selling them now for euro 419,-

Regards,
guus