Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:08 PM   #21

Hello Guus,

Yes, but none off them has one in stock at the moment, i ordered one at Guus Verschuren for 403.99 euro, but no date when it will be in the shop..

The European importer should be shot , if you look at the US prices and availability

grts
Sprint
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:36 PM   #22

Hello Sprint,

That is strange. The digitalstreet website indicades the Fujifilm HS20 is in stock.
Take a look at www.kieskeurig.nl and you see some other internetstores who have them in stock.

Regards,
guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
Hello Sprint,

That is strange. The digitalstreet website indicades the Fujifilm HS20 is in stock.
Take a look at www.kieskeurig.nl and you see some other internetstores who have them in stock.

Regards,
guus
Thanks Guus,
i am gonna pick it up tomorrow
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:09 AM   #24

Default Hs20

Hi Guus

Did you ever own a S100fs? How does the HS10 compare to this camera? It seems that the S100fs is almost the Fuji bridge-camera benchmark in terms of image quality.

Your shots look amazing, but a lot on the internet do not look so good. I want to really like the HS20 but dont want to make the wrong move.

My Fuji Finepix F300exr can be so 'hit and miss' - one moment blurred photos, the next totally underexposed - and I bought it brand new only two months ago. I want to love my Fujis but after taking photos yesterday with it I was sorely dissapointed. Wish I had never got rid of my F6500fd.

The EXR processors can seem incredibly hit and miss. I dont mean to upset anybody as I say this, as some are getting INCREDIBLE results, but I cant put down any more money on cameras which are not dependable/consistent.

Regards
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:10 AM   #25

sorry i meant how does hs20 compare to s100fs
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:43 AM   #26

Default Fuji 100fs and Fuji HS20

Hello Lifeforms,

I still own the Fuji S100 fs.
In those days it was a very, very good camera. Bit heavy but the image quality was outstanding up to about ISO 400.
The HS20 is different, one can compare it in a way to the S200EXR up to 400 ISO, which also has an EXR sensor.
The trick of the EXR sensor is to use it in the proper way, that is not to use the total amount of MP's but half the amount of MP's. For the HS20 that is use it in the 8 MP mode. That way you benefit from the EXR advantage, that is pixel binning. The result from this is better dynamic range, better and sharper detail and better low light performance.
I can honestly say that the Fujifilm HS20 has the best image quality compared to it's predecessors if you use the right setting.
Think about it, maybe you can try before you buy.

Regards,
guus

guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:24 PM   #27

Thanks Guus.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:43 PM   #28

Thanks Guus.

I will experiment more with my F300 EXR. It just seems peculiar at times that on EXR mode it can be very hit and miss at the moment - pherhaps it is me using it wrongly however. I once had a budget 60 9 megapixel Fuji and its picture quality seemed just as good. Both have a slight tendency to underexpose.

The biggest problem I can see with ALL this generation of fujis, Cannons, Nikons etc etc is the amount of digital noise reduction that is going on. For me, as a very amateur landscape and nature photographer, blurring two tiny blades of grass together (becuase the camera think it is noise) is a bad idea. PLEASE FUJI - allow us to turn it OFF completely. It seems as if there is a LOT of processing going on in the camera that can almost ruin good shots.

I do, however, have to remember that the F300EXR is a ridiculous 15x zoom in a compact body. I shouldn't be so harsh on it. I really hope the HS20 can live up to my S6500fd.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:12 PM   #29

Ive just noticed that if you turn off image stabilization, the photos become much more clearer and cleaner. I noticed this with a Pentax Optio H90 and the i10. Weird. Its as if the image stabilization is just a blur mask. I thought that the Pentax's were just quirky (which is why i got rid of them, however, the Fuji seems to be the same.