Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:39 AM   #1

Default HS20 samples

Tested the HS20.
What do you think?

Regards,
guus

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:32 PM   #2

Guus-

The image quality looks good on that particular type of short range shooting, but essentially this are all photos of relatively the same subject, at roughly the same zoom range. To evaluate the image quality properly we will need to see a variety of subjects over the full zoom range. Thnks very much for posting.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:05 PM   #3

Default The dog

Some pictures of the dog. The first three were taken indoors iso 400 without flash. Much cleaner than the HS10. The others were taken outside with some odd iso's like iso 120, iso 320. The camera was set on EXR max. 400 iso DR priority.
All the photo's are jpeg.

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:05 AM   #4

guus-

Thanks for posting. There is a lot of nice detail there.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:22 PM   #5

Hello Sarah,

I'm using the HS20 for about one week now and I can say that the HS20 is a very nice camera and an upgrade from the HS10. The photo's show far less noise than the HS10 did. The use of RAW is no longer necessary. EXR works fine.

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
Hello Sarah,

I'm using the HS20 for about one week now and I can say that the HS20 is a very nice camera and an upgrade from the HS10. The photo's show far less noise than the HS10 did. The use of RAW is no longer necessary. EXR works fine.

Regards,
guus
Hi,

Its great to know that u liked the camera and it shows positive results. I would like to ask about the video capabilities. I have seen some sample video clips on youtube, all have lot of camera shake... is it for real or something else.

Kindly make some comment on the video quality in full zoom range as well as auto focus while shooting video. Like the fastness of the AF.

Thanks,

Saket
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:10 AM   #7

Hello Saket,

I never use a still camera for video capability.
I have read the video capability is not so good. Rather shaky is what I have heard.
If you want good quality video buy a video camera.
For still pictures this camera is top of the bill !

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
Hello Saket,

I never use a still camera for video capability.
I have read the video capability is not so good. Rather shaky is what I have heard.
If you want good quality video buy a video camera.
For still pictures this camera is top of the bill !

Regards,
guus
Thanks for the answer.

But what I meant was "is the video quality acceptable or totally of no use?" Is it possible for you to post some video clips so that I can see them.

Thanks,

Saket
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:53 AM   #9

Hello,

Take a look at this site.

http://snapsort.com/cameras/Fujifilm-HS20-video

Maybe this will give you an impression.

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:15 AM   #10

Default Thanks guus!!!!

Hi All (and Guus!)

Ive just registered at Steves Digicam. Anyone any idea when the official review will come out?

These photographs look brilliant. Plenty of detail in the dogs hair and natural yet vivid colours. In the sand/bush shot you can make out tiny pebbles and sand. Also Im really liking the Low Depth Of Field of the dog in the chair! wow!

Referring to the harbour shots, the camera seems to have handled exposure well in terms of light bouncing off of the water and off of gleaming hulls etc etc.

The sharpness of the camera doesn't seem to be as questionable/erratic as the HS10. Having said that, my dads HS10 is pretty sharp now with firmware 1.4.

I tested the HS20 in a large camera dealer in the UK today, the zoom is a little less 'clunky' and smoother than the HS10 and the camera is a hell of a lot lighter. Good build quality, also really like the fold out screen that can be used like a waist level viewfinder, to get really dynamic shots.

I really cant quite understand some of the reviews against the latest FUJI's. Personally, I feel it might be a case of opposition manufacturers acting as trolls in camera forums to deter customers away from cameras just as good or even better than the 'Big 2', especially with the phenomenal excellence of the S6500 and S9600 back in the day.

I'll hopefully definitley be getting a HS20 of these for my birthday present (fingers crossed) if the reviews are ok, and based on what I've seen. Im a 28 year old amateur photographer studying art at uni. This camera will replace my s6500 which in terms of 6 megapixel count has bit the dust now sadly!

Thanks for putting the pics up Guus, the proof of the pudding is in the eating as the saying goes, and these shots are fantastic if you ask me. The camera is so flexible, especially in terms of the price and weight of SLR lenses etc etc.

Keep it up FUJI, loving the X100 too, maybe a X200 or X50 at a cheaper price but with a full size sensor would do the trick!!!!!
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote