Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default HS-20EXR Tulips



__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:47 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: India
Posts: 211
Default

Looks like the colours reproduced are very good with this camera.

Greats shots indeed!! Are these taken in macro mode?

Saket
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:03 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Thank you. These were taken in EXR(SR) mode.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: India
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Thank you. These were taken in EXR(SR) mode.
I beleive that there are 3 different EXR modes in this camera, does this select itself as per lighting or one can select manually?
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
I beleive that there are 3 different EXR modes in this camera, does this select itself as per lighting or one can select manually?
Manually.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
theironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jaipur and hyderabad (india)
Posts: 153
Default

looks like hs-20 has to be dropped (m still not ready). m so sad.. video is not at all good.. and continous focus does not work.

pics are amazing but video is shame on fuji selling a 500$ camera that can't match video of a 100$ p&s.
hope some firmware upgrade solves the problem.. sony looks like an alternative...

but i m not a sony guy... had been waiting for the fuji since 3 months..

and neither the video will change my decision completely but thats not what is expcted from a 500$ cam.


consistently looses focus after every few seconds..

people said that it works a lil better if kept on center focus.. but still not manageable.

hope you can clarify as internet is fulll of hs-20 video issues.. pics as just a absolute stunner.

i am also not buying this cam for video.. i might never ever use it.. but when a feature is there in a cam.. then why not to be at an acceptable mark.


f550 does not have this problem.. looks like the option fuji gave to snap a pic while recording a video in hs-20 has messed with the auto -focus mechanism of the cam...

Last edited by theironhorse; Apr 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theironhorse View Post
looks like hs-20 has to be dropped (m still not ready). m so sad.. video is not at all good.. and continous focus does not work.

pics are amazing but video is shame on fuji selling a 500$ camera that can't match video of a 100$ p&s.
hope some firmware upgrade solves the problem.. sony looks like an alternative...

but i m not a sony guy... had been waiting for the fuji since 3 months..

and neither the video will change my decision completely but thats not what is expcted from a 500$ cam.


consistently looses focus after every few seconds..

people said that it works a lil better if kept on center focus.. but still not manageable.

hope you can clarify as internet is fulll of hs-20 video issues.. pics as just a absolute stunner.

i am also not buying this cam for video.. i might never ever use it.. but when a feature is there in a cam.. then why not to be at an acceptable mark.


f550 does not have this problem.. looks like the option fuji gave to snap a pic while recording a video in hs-20 has messed with the auto -focus mechanism of the cam...
So, you choose my thread to hijack to inform people of your decision?! Nice!
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:18 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
theironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jaipur and hyderabad (india)
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
So, you choose my thread to hijack to inform people of your decision?! Nice!
apology .. but that was not my intention and i am still lokking forward to the amazing pics from the cam. i was only concerned for the video issue and that you already replied in the PM.
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theironhorse View Post
apology .. but that was not my intention and i am still lokking forward to the amazing pics from the cam. i was only concerned for the video issue and that you already replied in the PM.
Then, start your OWN thread! Don't go hijacking someone else's so you can espouse your disappointment in a camera that you want to take videos but was designed as a still camera! It's common sense!
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
theironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jaipur and hyderabad (india)
Posts: 153
Default

u seem to be too rude .. if thats the way u respond why dont u open your own forum and respond whatever u want..
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:03 AM.