Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:54 AM   #11

both your videos from sony and fuji suffer from cmos wobble and optical stabilization issues. YOU NEED TO GET A VIDEO CAMERA FOR VIDEO AND CAMERA FOR PICTURES IF YOU ARE A STICKLER.

make sure to get a video camera that has optical stabilization at its best as well as no cmos wobble to little. You seem to be picking at video so I'm pointing you at a good direction not only because i been through this path but after getting the video camera, i needed a video stabalizer as well. Video stabalizers range from 100 (cheap builds) to 2000 dollars (high end).

I recommend a dslr that does good video and picture like a nikon or canon and also get a hand stabalizer which go around 700 bucks.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:59 PM   #12

Just found the online manual (PDF):
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi..._manual_01.pdf
Could it really be that - according to the manual - the Fuji records in 1080i only and not in 1080p?
Either the manual or the information on their web site
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...0exr/features/
is wrong.
Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
YOU NEED TO GET A VIDEO CAMERA FOR VIDEO AND CAMERA FOR PICTURES IF YOU ARE A STICKLER.
Thanks for your comment. A friend of mine has a Canon HF S200. It's nearly perfect - but in my case it would be too heavy to carry around so I need a smaller one with not optimal but best possible quality -- that's what I'm looking for.
Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote