Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1

Default Fuji HS20 bashing

People on a certain website, starting with DP..... are hysterical bashing the Fujifilm HS20.
They say it is a rubbish camera.
I own the Fuji HS20 and showed pictures made by this camera.
There is nothing wrong with this camera. The so called overheating problem will be solved with a firmware-update soon.
I'm wondering: do these HS20 bashers know that the shutter button must be half pressed before taking a photo?
It is obvious that serious and able photographers don't visit that DP...... no more.

Regards,
guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:44 AM   #2

I never joined it, but read some threads on different subjects. I was shocked at the level of expertise there. I had to join Steve's so I could be among regular folks like myself LOL.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:46 AM   #3

I drop by there to lurk now and then just to remind myself how nice it is on other
forums...

D7k with old/new glass and a few other things...
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:20 PM   #4

Guus. Your shots are brilliant, and so is the HS20. These people seem like utter numpties. I also wonder if they are rumours started by trolls posing as users in order to give Fuji cameras a bad name. Dont worry about it. Lets keep on having fun and showing the evidence to prove them wrong!
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:50 PM   #5

I agree with u,although there are some problems with my HS22EXR。
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:35 AM   #6

Their may be minor issues and one cause I heard of major focusing issue reported by one user, but the HS20 is still a VERY good camera in the hands of a good photographer. Its a camera for the serious photographer who will take the time to learn what the camera can and can't do and how to make those features work for them. Like the HS10 you need to be a good photographer to get the most out of this camera and it is geared towards that serious photographer who wants the best quality and features without having to carry a D-SLR system with them. It my opinion that photographers who take the time to learn about the HS20 and its features and are serious about making good pictures will find it a GREAT camera. Those who expect it to be the world's great camera straight out of the box and just slam down the shutter button will not get the best/greatest images. Like someone else said you have to press the shutter button down half way to lock focus. Sure the auto mode works well but when you move into the other modes that where the best pictures are made.

I did read the reviews at other sites before I bought my HS20 and it seems that that other site mention here has a lot of bashers for many brands of cameras. Seems like their forum users want everything to be perfect straight out the box and want ever camera to be beyond perfect or its no good.

Just my two cents but the HS20 is one of the best if not the best camera I have ever used. The HS10 was a sweet camera and the HS20 is 20 to 25% better in all areas (except video which seems to be the same to me as in the HS10).

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeforms View Post
Guus. Your shots are brilliant, and so is the HS20. These people seem like utter numpties. I also wonder if they are rumours started by trolls posing as users in order to give Fuji cameras a bad name. Dont worry about it. Lets keep on having fun and showing the evidence to prove them wrong!
I agree totaly !, i am shure that some people just login to a site just to make some brand or device look bad, if hear a wisper of some problem , they go and make it a world disaster and on the same time suppress competition.
That is childlike behaviour nothing else.

If any sain person looks at the pictures posted here, they should see that Fuji has quality cameras.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:07 AM   #8

Yeah. It seems like they exhibit an extreme form of 'black and white' thinking where something is either ALL GOOD or ALL BAD. Nothing is perfect.

It seems common sense that the shutter button has to be depressed halfway in order to lock the focus, although if there is a serious focussing issue then i hope that a firmware update solves this.

The images that i've seen especially from Guus look lovely.
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:21 AM   #9

I agree. I was over there reviewing HS20 comments. They reminded me of Pirannah circling their kill, or certain critters who eat their young.

The assumptions made about the "problems" with this camera wreaked of corporate suspicion and hatred. The underlying tone was of corporate ignorance, greed, and coverup. If there was not yet a fix for the "overheating indicator lamp" lighting up, then Fuji is considered unresponsive. When a solution was provided by Fuji in a timely way as promised, Fuji is called "hasty" and accused of covering up something.

The negative assumptions reflected a "worst case scenario" mentality such as a hardware problem that would require a total redesign and six month delay, and of course the "greedy" corporation would never do that, so they will trick the gullible consumer and just cover over the problem with a "quick fix." There was little "benefit of the doubt" given. Most didn't even consider the likelihood that the "overheating indicator lamp" coming on prematurely had nothing to do with overheating. No one ever smelled or felt any heat. Several did report the camera shutting down, but that could just as likely been a part of the process trigged by a false reading of the heat sensor. Most reported the lamp coming on with no ensuing problems.

Most discounted the possibility that a simple software fix would totally solve the problem. But all evidence now points to the firmware download totally resolving the glitch.

Rather than accepting the well known advice given to early adopters of hi-tech items and working with the manufacturer to make the item as perfect as possible, many prefer to jump on the currently popular anti-corporate bandwagon and acuse them of all manner of atrocity.

While the comments were entertaining at times, they reminded me of watching a cock fight (which I have never done), a sickening and depressing activity.

This forum is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

There. I'm done.
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
I agree. I was over there reviewing HS20 comments. They reminded me of Pirannah circling their kill, or certain critters who eat their young.

The assumptions made about the "problems" with this camera wreaked of corporate suspicion and hatred. The underlying tone was of corporate ignorance, greed, and coverup. If there was not yet a fix for the "overheating indicator lamp" lighting up, then Fuji is considered unresponsive. When a solution was provided by Fuji in a timely way as promised, Fuji is called "hasty" and accused of covering up something.

The negative assumptions reflected a "worst case scenario" mentality such as a hardware problem that would require a total redesign and six month delay, and of course the "greedy" corporation would never do that, so they will trick the gullible consumer and just cover over the problem with a "quick fix." There was little "benefit of the doubt" given. Most didn't even consider the likelihood that the "overheating indicator lamp" coming on prematurely had nothing to do with overheating. No one ever smelled or felt any heat. Several did report the camera shutting down, but that could just as likely been a part of the process trigged by a false reading of the heat sensor. Most reported the lamp coming on with no ensuing problems.

Most discounted the possibility that a simple software fix would totally solve the problem. But all evidence now points to the firmware download totally resolving the glitch.

Rather than accepting the well known advice given to early adopters of hi-tech items and working with the manufacturer to make the item as perfect as possible, many prefer to jump on the currently popular anti-corporate bandwagon and acuse them of all manner of atrocity.

While the comments were entertaining at times, they reminded me of watching a cock fight (which I have never done), a sickening and depressing activity.

This forum is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

There. I'm done.
And, yet, there are those that THRIVE on that sort of activity. I know others that seem addicted to it even though they hate it. Go figure.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote