Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 17, 2011, 3:37 PM   #1

Default Wich memory card

Hello,

This question has been asked on the matter of the HS10 also, but now a bigger sensor so bigger files.
who is using wich memory card and is there any difference noticeable on some high speed cards vs lower speed ?

I have used myself always the Transcend 8Gb class 10 , does anyone use the Extreme from Sandisk or something else ?

I just ordered myself a HS-20 so a new card is due

( if anyone read the bottom line here, D90 it says now, well it does not seem to know the color red an violet, it uses orange and pink instead no matter wich white balance)

grts
Sprint
Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:32 PM   #2

A 8GB class 10 card will work just fine in the HS-20, too.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
A 8GB class 10 card will work just fine in the HS-20, too.

Hello Gary,
So i presume that when shooting in burst mode, the camera first buffered it and than send it trough to the card...

grts
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint View Post
Hello Gary,
So i presume that when shooting in burst mode, the camera first buffered it and than send it trough to the card...

grts
Correct. That's why the faster the card, the quicker it recovers for the next shot or burst.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:45 PM   #5

Diffidently you want a class 10 card for the HS20. I am using a 16GB transcend class 10 card at this time and have no speed or buffer issues. I find the 16GB size gives me twice as much space as I really need for what I do, but with the cost difference in cards I decided to just be done with it and get a class 116GB card instead of at a later date kicking myself and having to get another 8GB or a 16GB card. As I mentioned in other post you can really see a speed difference between Class 2, 4 , 6 and 10 cards in the HS20. Class 2 and 4 cards are worthless in the HS20. Class 6 is the minimum you want to use PERIOD but the class 10 card seems to work at the optimal speed for this camera. basically the size of the card weather you ultimately get an 8GB, 16GB, 32GB or even 64GB is dependent on how much video you want to shoot, how many still you shoot at a time and if you cary ulti cards or just want to shoot to one card. So far with my HS10 and 20 a 16GB has been more than enough room for even my most demanding shoot. Also another factor is with the HS20 will you shoot the max resolution of 16MP or will you be likely to shoot at a reduced resolution like 14MP, 12MP or 8MP. Remember that images you shoot have to be saved somewhere so larger MP and files will take up more storage space into the feature. So for almost everything I am shooting the HS20 at 12MP, although if I was shooting a wedding for someone I would shoot it at full 16MP resolution which would give me fewer images per GB.

newegg at this time seems to have the best prices on transcend class 10 memory cards both 8GBm 16Gb and 32GB.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:25 AM   #6

Thanks Gary and Dave,

That aswered my question so i will stick to transcend and also go for the 32 Gb, when on a holiday , i do not want to start looking for a second card.

About the price, here the Transcend 16 Gb class 10 comes delivred at home on 32.99 Euro = 47.43 USD

At New egg it comes at 27.99 USD , but that is impossible to get here at the high shipping prices, so you guys are lucky again

greetz

Last edited by sprint; Apr 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
sprint is offline   Reply With Quote