Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:48 AM   #1

Default HS-20 w/TCON-17 images

These were taken after the firmware upgrade. I upgraded although I had no problems with overheating. I have noticed no performance or IQ degradation after the upgrade.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:50 PM   #2

Awesome pics .....I have been to your gallery...and I was spell bound......you need wonderful eyes and soul to capture such beauty .....I specially liked your comment that you don't care to be called a professional...and all you are interested is to capture beauty........

Actually I exactly like the same kind of photography as you do....although I am less capable ....I wanted some information from you .......I want to buy a new camera
I like Bird Photography , Flowers, Macro , landscape and portrait......rather I like capturing beauty of nature...Image quality is a priority for me at the same time I am not used to dSLRs
Based on my budget I have shortlisted Fuji HS20 and Canon 1000d
After doing a lot of research I saw most people claiming that entry level DSLRs provide better Image Quality than HS20....mainly in low light .....I am less concerned about low light photography and I would rather prefer shooting in the morning and evening .....
based on this do you think that canon 1000d will give better image quality than HS20?
please advice, also let me know if there is any other better alternative on the same budget
prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:03 PM   #3

Awesome pics .....I have been to your gallery...and I was spell bound......you need wonderful eyes and soul to capture such beauty .....I specially liked your comment that you don't care to be called a professional...and all you are interested is to capture beauty........

Actually I exactly like the same kind of photography as you do....although I am less capable ....I wanted some information from you .......I want to buy a new camera
I like Bird Photography , Flowers, Macro , landscape and portrait......rather I like capturing beauty of nature...Image quality is a priority for me at the same time I am not used to dSLRs
After doing a lot of research I saw most people claiming that entry level DSLRs provide better Image Quality than HS20....mainly in low light .....I am less concerned about low light photography and I would rather prefer shooting in the morning and evening .....
based on this do you think that canon 1000d will give better image quality than HS20?
please advice, also let me know if there is any other better alternative on the same budget
prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 6:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post

I can't answer because I don't use the Canon 1000d. I will say that the Canon is a DSLR and *should* give better IQ. But, in the end, it comes down to the person behind the camera. The best equipment in the world doesn't make a good photographer any more than walking into a surgical suite makes one a neurosurgeon. It all depends on what *you* do with the equipment. Should you go out and buy an HS-20? That's entirely up to you. Looking at raw numbers and specifications will only give you theory - how the camera *should* perform. People don't shoot theory, they shoot real life things.

Thanks very much for your kind words. They are very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ See my response here for criteria given http://forums.steves-digicams.com/wh...hing-else.html
My Gallery

--

Last edited by gjtoth; Apr 22, 2011 at 7:12 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:20 AM   #5

Your #1 and #3 shots are fantastic!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinlo View Post
Your #1 and #3 shots are fantastic!
Thanks very much!
My Gallery

--