Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:39 PM   #1

Default Harbor impressions part three and a 1948 Dodge

Today it was a nice and sunny day. Good opportunity to go out and take some pictures.
The HS20 is doing fine.

Regards,
guus

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:16 PM   #2

Hello Guus,

Nice shots ! are they all taken with the same settings ?

I have tested out your last summary off settings but could not quite copy the result

Regards
Sprint
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:38 PM   #3

You REALLY know what you're doing with this camera. The results are fantastic, especially for my taste and requirements.

btw, I really like the fishing nets compositions. Its as if you really have a, dare I say it, 'painterly' eye for composition. It's as if you see everything with fascination, and the beauty in the linear composition and colour - with eye moving about the image yet in harmony. Its like you treat every single moment with the upmost respect.

Anyway enough of my rantings - but they are genuine thoughts!!!!

I love seeing your results Guus, keep them coming!
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint View Post
Hello Guus,

Nice shots ! are they all taken with the same settings ?

I have tested out your last summary off settings but could not quite copy the result

Regards
Sprint
Hello Sprint,

Your photo's of the Koninklijke Serre indeed look different than my photo's.
That is strange, because when you use the same setting the outcome must also be the same.
Most important settings are 6 Mp D range, ISO 400 limited, DR 400, minus 1/3 EV, tone low, integral lightmeasuring, sharpness standard.
Above this I notice a strange effect with the Fujicamera's, the HS20 included: the camera has to "get used "to these settings. After downloading firmware 1.02 the camera was "upset " and performed different for a while. You have to take about 100 / 200 photo's before the setting gets really effective. Sounds stupid, I know, but that is what I experience with these Fuji's. I know Fuji will come up with an organic sensor in the near future, but it looks like the camera is already a bit alive . So be nice to the camera and he / she will reward you.

Regards,
guus

Last edited by guus; Apr 26, 2011 at 7:24 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeforms View Post
You REALLY know what you're doing with this camera. The results are fantastic, especially for my taste and requirements.

btw, I really like the fishing nets compositions. Its as if you really have a, dare I say it, 'painterly' eye for composition. It's as if you see everything with fascination, and the beauty in the linear composition and colour - with eye moving about the image yet in harmony. Its like you treat every single moment with the upmost respect.

Anyway enough of my rantings - but they are genuine thoughts!!!!

I love seeing your results Guus, keep them coming!
Hello Lifeforms,

Thank you for your compliments. You have to know that I live nearby this little harbor, it's the harbor of Scheveningen, near The Hague in the Netherlands. The photo's you saw were taken during about my 1000th visit of that harbor so they could not have been all that bad. .
Next week I'm going to visit the harbor of Antwerp on board of a sightseeing boat for the second time (first time was with my first Fuji, the S5700) and in August I will visit the harbor of Rotterdam for about the 5th time.

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:20 PM   #6

Hello Guus,

Well have fun on the Flandria i have been on such a boat 2 times, but the 1 time i have been on such a boat in Rotterdam that was way better (for me)
If you in the weekend i will maybe join you it is not that far from here.

greetz
sprint
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:23 PM   #7

Love the car! good shots
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:23 AM   #8

Hello Sprint,

If it is not raining I will visit the Antwerp harbor next Thursday the 5th of May.
Looking forward to photograph those strange bridges, industrial monuments on the shore, the docks, the chemical facilities and sceneries of rust and decline in that harbor.

Regards,
guus
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:05 PM   #9

Hello Guus,

Well i can not go than, busy day at work than.
Have a lot of fun , and i hope for you for nice wheather !

BTW i think Fuji has used Google translate to build the Dutch menu, they made a serious mistake , " noise reduction" has been translated from " sound reduction"

Greetings
Sprint
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:22 PM   #10

guus,

If i wanted to use Aperture mode, will it produce results as good as EXR mode?

Im quite fond of Low Depth Of Field effects.

Does anyone else have any results?
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote