Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:24 AM   #11

well, I'm convinced now for sure. fabulous shots ...
daveso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:34 PM   #12

Good shots !

in wich EXR mode where they taken ?

grts
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:39 PM   #13

The first two were taken on manual, the third on SLR resolution priority, the last two the same except on macro.
sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:45 PM   #14

Macro today....All on manual.

Nature's moss garden.

Tiny daisies.

Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans View Post
Macro today....All on manual.
Looks like you're getting the hang of that HS-20 pretty quickly!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Looks like you're getting the hang of that HS-20 pretty quickly!
It is pretty similar to my HS 10, but I think much better....I'm enjoying this camera more than any I've owned, plus I'm not filling my trash bin with deletions nearly as fast.

The one complaint I have is the lack of an eye cup on the viewfinder, I'll have to make my own I guess.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:57 AM   #17

From "chuck it in the pot" blogspot..

Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Since I designed my MK1 NBC eyecup for the HS10 viewfinder I have been able to give it a good try out. When I posted the blog detailing its construction the weather was somewhat overcast and cloudy with no sun and it worked fine. However, since then we have had some fine sunny weather and I have to say that although MkI does improve things, in bright sunshine it suffers from some light ingress.

Nil desperandum as they say, I made a last desperate attempt to find another solution in the Milton Keynes branch of Jessops. I took my HS10 along and a young man Chris quickly removed an eyecup from a new NIKON SLR and offered it up to the HS10 viewfinder. Bingo! It was looking good. Chris explained that this was the only eyecup on any camera in the shop that had a large enough viewing area that would allow the viewfinder and the eye sensor to remain uncovered

Chris could not sell me the eyecup as it had to go back on the camera but he provided me with the details and offered to order one for me but told me that Id probably be better of going to Ebay. In fact I ordered through Amazon and it arrived this morning.

Fixing it on the viewfinder was a simple matter of cutting three narrow strips of double sided selotape and applying to the back of the eyecup then carefully pressing it onto the HS10 viewfinder shroud. This is the result:

We had bright sunshine this morn so I into the garden to give it a go.and?

Spiffing stuff matey! Only when shooting into bright sunshine does it allow a bit of light in but I rarely shoot into the sun anyway so no problem there. I suspect that if I removed my Delkin LCD shroud I would be able to get my eye in closer and achieve even better results but this will do for me OK. The eye sensor is unaffected and continues auto switching between viewfinder and LCD screen although I have this permanently turned of - in my opinion its a dopey idea and Fujifilm would have made a better job of the design by using the space to provide a larger viewfinder

MkII then gives the result I was looking for and can be considered a success. Oh happy day!!!!

If you want to carry out this simple mod to your own HS10 you need to order a NIKON DK-20 eyecup. As I mentioned before, I ordered mine through Amazon, it cost 5.99 with free delivery. Once again this mod will not void your warranty as the eyecup and selotape can be easily removed with a little surgical spirit to clean up. If the bloke who flogs these eyecups on Amazon reads this could I suggest 10% please?

Many thanks to the very friendly and helpful staff at the MK Jessops branch and especially Chris.

If you implement MkII on your HS10 I would be tickled to hear from you and how you got on either here or via my email ad.

PS. since I posted this entry I have had plenty of chance to try the mod and have found that the selotape kept coming unstuck so I have stuck it on with gel type superglue and it seems like its on there for good. (Added 11.05 on Boxing day - 26/12/10)

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2011, 3:19 PM   #18

I'm gonna need a lot of practice using the burst mode! I really have a hard time following the subjects, or maybe I need to get closer...These were shot at max zoom.

Caspian Tern

These guys follow me a lot lately...I wonder why?

Old May 4, 2011, 5:58 PM   #19

your taking some good shots sans. Love the color settings on the mannual mode on your prior as well as contrast.

Has anybody tried using an umbrella for pictures?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2011, 2:03 PM   #20

Wow very nice! Are you doing any post-editing or are those right off the camera?
Main area of "expertise": Landscape (beaches), Macro, Foliage, B&W
Saltine713 is offline   Reply With Quote