Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:32 AM   #1

Default HS-20 This is FUNNY!!!!!! Must WATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnv9pRUJrU

A funny take on a DSLR with expensive lenses vs the Fufifilm HS20. Obviously a slightly silly comparison, but in anoither way is quite informative and makes a lot of sense!!!!! ENJOY loooool
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:34 AM   #2

I think That T-1000 from Terminator would love those lenses.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:54 PM   #3

Really funny,

Specially if you think that this clip say's what the " bashers" on dpr are thinking.
I know someone personal, who own's a D700 and bought a Fuji extra just for these reasons,,,compact yet pretty good.

"Ill be back"
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:05 PM   #4

You beat me to it...I saw that last night and was going to share it....It points out the reasons I bought the HS 20.
sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:08 PM   #5

Default Biiiiiiiiiiiiigma lens

Yes I have seen it.
Funny thing is: the samples shown of the HS20 (the sky, highlighted clouds and the macro) look rather bad. These could have been much better if the right setting was used. Did they mean to say: OK the HS20 is much more convenient, but the DSLR has far better IQ? If so they failed. The HS20 has about the same IQ as the DSLR in the circomstances shown (even better in macro). DSLR is better in nailing fast moving objects like flying saucers, but that's about it.

Regards,
guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:09 PM   #6

YES Exactly!!!!!!!! :-D

I really, really cant wait to get my hands on this model now the more samples I see from people who know what they're doing with it. I saw some results the other day from a guy who had taken EXACTLY the same shots with the much celebrated S100FS and the HS-20 and the HS-20 had just as good IQ but with 15x more telefocal distance, which I am willing to allow for slight discrepancies. Its a shame I cant remember the link.

"Hasta La Vista, baby"
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:10 PM   #7

Sorry Sans, I got in there first with my 3000 lens that also can be used as a flamethrower.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:17 PM   #8

I'm gonna quote gjtoth here, "this is my "on-the-go" camera" for the same reason. Just ordered mines and giving my s200exr to my uncle.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 5:06 PM   #9

Yes and for older people (like me ) who do not want to carry to much weight around...
The HS-20 comes with batteries at 780 grams, the D90 i pulled along with the battery grip last sunday weighs one kilo extra, ands this for a small 18-200 mm lens, so if you mount a bazooka like on that clip...
They could mount a few little wheels on the end of such a lens