Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 12, 2011, 11:59 AM   #1

Default Monticello

This is a Monticello miniature rose.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2011, 12:52 AM   #2

Hi Gary,

I've been seeing all of your threads on your pictures taken by the HS20EXR. I have to say that these are photos I can personally give a 5 star rating in the scale of 1-5. They are just beautiful, and I mean it. I really liked the way you have taken the pictures ie., the composition, lighting, settings, etc.

I have to say that even if the camera is really good the person who takes them should be well-versed about his gear. You seem to master the HS20EXR.

I was reading in a few of the other forums that this camera does not take good photos and that they are not focused properly, but after seeing your pictures I am convinced to buy this camera. Unfortunately, it is not yet available in India, should be by this month end.

Once I have the camera I would request you to provide any information which you found the best for taking pictures (if thats okay with you).

Thanks,

Saket
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 6:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
Hi Gary,

I've been seeing all of your threads on your pictures taken by the HS20EXR. I have to say that these are photos I can personally give a 5 star rating in the scale of 1-5. They are just beautiful, and I mean it. I really liked the way you have taken the pictures ie., the composition, lighting, settings, etc.

I have to say that even if the camera is really good the person who takes them should be well-versed about his gear. You seem to master the HS20EXR.

I was reading in a few of the other forums that this camera does not take good photos and that they are not focused properly, but after seeing your pictures I am convinced to buy this camera. Unfortunately, it is not yet available in India, should be by this month end.

Once I have the camera I would request you to provide any information which you found the best for taking pictures (if thats okay with you).

Thanks,

Saket
Hello, Saket. Thank you for your very kind words.

Every camera has it's detractors. These people are normally the sort that complain about EVERYTHING. But, learn this: There is nothing in the world that is perfect. Nothing. Every camera has it's weak points and it's strong points. Some have more of one than the other. If we take our time to work within the capabilities of the camera and do things the way they should be done to achieve the end result, I'm convinced most cameras will produce good images. The HS-20 is a sophisticated camera that is beyond the expertise of some of the people that own it. Those people, generally, should have kept whatever camera they had rather than move up to the HS-20. I have not been a photographer for very long and do not consider myself in the ranks of "professional". But, I have people admire my images and am thankful they enjoy them. I have achieved the results I have attained because I do what the professionals do - and that's the key. If you want professional results, you have to do what professionals do. The biggest help I can give you is to tell you to read "Understanding Photography Field Guide" by Bryan Peterson and "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby. Read the Kelby book(s) first. They will jumpstart your photography. Also, ask questions of the people in these forums. There is a LOT of talent here. If you see something you like, ask the person how he achieved those results.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 8:33 AM   #4

Thank you Gary for all the information. I certainly will order the Bryan Peterson book from amazon.co.uk once its released by July 2011.

I shall even look for the other series you have mentioned.

I checked with my retailer here and they have confirmed me that the HS20 will be available by next weekend, so fingers crossed. I hope that I get this by that time, so that I can start making you and other people in this forum busy helping me out.

Thanks,

Saket
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote