Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 23, 2011, 4:53 AM   #11

i have the 1aa with the updated firmware.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 8:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
In another forum, it was reported that the first batch of cameras which were sold by fujifilm were with batch nos. 1AA, these are located in the bottom side of the camera. The cameras having this batch no had many issues and were called back by fujifilm and even amazon stopped the sales until it was resolved.

Now the new batch of cameras having batch no. 1BA are being sold and these include the new firmware factory installed, including the rectifications done in the camera.

Can you guys, check and report the batch nos. in your cameras, this can help people who haven't yet bought the camera and clarify if this message is correct or wrong.
Mine is 1AA. I updated the firmware myself. I've had no problems at all with this camera.

@ Saltine - I realize that Amazon is the middleman. What I'm saying is the source/supplier/warehouser/whatever you want to call it, may have received at bad lot. I just assumed folks would know that fact and didn't think I'd have to be that specific when I posted.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; May 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 12:16 PM   #13

mine is a 1AA as well, updated firmware as well. Been around fires with no issues using this csamera or it overheating (but them again I didn't fire as many shots as fast). I got to the event Saturday and fired off 800 images in 3 hours so I was firing them off in good pace, faster than I had before. Maybe the rapid number had something to do with this issue and the sensor sopposively getting hot or the camera thinking it was.

What ever the issue when the long written warning poped up it caused the shutter to not fire yet the screen stil operated and images were seen in real time with the error message posted on top of it.

B+H told me to contact Fuji and get a written statement before returning the camera as they do not believe it is faulty from what I told them and that may have indeed been overtaxed but if Fuji feels its a problem they will ship me a new one once they get my present camera.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 3:30 PM   #14

Default Screen momentarily goes blank

I have 1 AA also. I upgraded to 1.02. After my upgrade I did get a heat warning after some fevered shooting, but never a shutdown.

The one peculiar thing I noticed was the screen going momentarily blank while I was trying to shoot. At first I thought it was because the strap passed over the eyecup sensor. The screen will turn off if anything passes near that sensor. But then I specifically noticed that was not the case. Maybe the sun shone into the sensor. I can't say exactly what the cause of the screen going blank. It seemed the entire camera went inactive, but I'm not positive. I'll post if I notice anything further.

Last edited by gfmucci; May 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM.
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 10:20 PM   #15

Fuji is telling me they think it has issues. Yeah I figured that. They want me to send it at my expense to their repair facility so they can look at it and repair it if need and get this IF IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY -- I told them I bought it on March 31st...... They told me they would not send me a new one of the bat unless they could not repair the issue. I am now forwarding their info top bhphotovideo to see if they can just exchange it for. Since I had the original problem it happened 2 out of the next 3 times I used the camera. Once it was 70 dgerees and once it was 80 degrees and both times after using 2 3fps burst and 10 still frames it tod me to turn off the camera for several minutes (the overheat warning) and the shutter would not fire. The camera was not hot to tough nor were the batteries. I am going to try to get a straight replacement and hope bhphotovideo can help. The problem Fuji says is that I have used the camera a lot and its not knew. They specific asked me how many fames were on the camera and I told them the truth 9,700 as of the end of Saturday night. So I will see what develops and report back again.

dave
Old May 27, 2011, 1:50 AM   #16

At last, the HS20 was released here in India, but immediately withdrawn in 2 days due to quality issues. Now its almost 2 weeks and I'm yet waiting for the camera to be available.

The company has stated that the camera should be available in the next coming days with the latest firmware factory installed and refinements made.

I'm hoping that the camera comes out asap.
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 8:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Fuji is telling me they think it has issues. Yeah I figured that. They want me to send it at my expense to their repair facility so they can look at it and repair it if need and get this IF IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY -- I told them I bought it on March 31st...... They told me they would not send me a new one of the bat unless they could not repair the issue. I am now forwarding their info top bhphotovideo to see if they can just exchange it for. Since I had the original problem it happened 2 out of the next 3 times I used the camera. Once it was 70 dgerees and once it was 80 degrees and both times after using 2 3fps burst and 10 still frames it tod me to turn off the camera for several minutes (the overheat warning) and the shutter would not fire. The camera was not hot to tough nor were the batteries. I am going to try to get a straight replacement and hope bhphotovideo can help. The problem Fuji says is that I have used the camera a lot and its not knew. They specific asked me how many fames were on the camera and I told them the truth 9,700 as of the end of Saturday night. So I will see what develops and report back again.

dave
Quote:
At last, the HS20 was released here in India, but immediately withdrawn in 2 days due to quality issues. Now its almost 2 weeks and I'm yet waiting for the camera to be available.

The company has stated that the camera should be available in the next coming days with the latest firmware factory installed and refinements made.

I'm hoping that the camera comes out asap.
Wishing both of you the best of outcomes for these. I haven't had any problems with mine and it seems I'm one of the very few to be like that. While I still highly recommend the camera to friends, I do so with the caveat that there may be some initial problems.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 3:03 PM   #18

At last today the camera was available with the dealers here. I am planning to buy it tomorrow.

I checked the batch no and its 1AQ , is anybody having this batch number and whether any issues with it?

Would like an early reply.

Thanks,
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 4:46 PM   #19

B+H told me I need to deal with Fuji repair on this as the camera is out of there return policy and that Fuji would be ablew to repair it for me. Fuji is telling me to ship it to them at my expense and they will look at it to see if it can be repaired and based on that make the repair..... and then return it to me. I guess at this point I don;t have a choice but to send the camera to Fuji for repair......

dave
Old May 28, 2011, 10:50 AM   #20

Quote:
At last today the camera was available with the dealers here. I am planning to buy it tomorrow.

I checked the batch no and its 1AQ , is anybody having this batch number and whether any issues with it?

Would like an early reply.

Thanks,
Mine has "1AQ01360" as serial number, with firmware 1.02 ,and no issues so far,