Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 31, 2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
theironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jaipur and hyderabad (india)
Posts: 153
Default

yes i did email back to you and i will be updating my pics soon..

i was also looking for a powerx charger for the same and few eneloops xx (2500Mah)

sadly not available in india...

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/view...?idProduct=423


i will click few pics tonight and update...
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:32 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Congrats for your new camera....Did you buy it in India? how much did it cost.....? any overheating issues in Indian summers?
prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:56 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
theironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jaipur and hyderabad (india)
Posts: 153
Default

no heating issues after the firmware update.. works like a charm..
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:15 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: India
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Congrats for your new camera....Did you buy it in India? how much did it cost.....? any overheating issues in Indian summers?
I paid INR 23,999 (GBP 320, USD 540) which includes all the supplied accessories with the camera and a set of 4 NiMH Batteries and charger complimentary from Fujifilm (a part of their marketing).

There was an overheating indictor initially, but after the firmware upgrade, everything looks fine. As I bought the camera in the end of May, the heat is less and have to check next year in the month of March to mid May when its at its peak.

The only issue is that you cannot get crisp and sharp photos straight out of the box, you need to change settings a bit. Photos are better if taken in Picture Size set to Medium (8MP), there is less noise as compared to 16 MP pictures.

Overall the camera is great, makes you feel like you are working with a DSLR kind of device. Lot of stuff cramped in a small body.
__________________
Canon EOS 60D | EF-S 18-55mm IS II | EF-S 55-250mm IS II | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon Speedlite 430EXII | Vanguard MAK 233 | Lowepro Adventura TLZ 25 | Lowepro Adventura 170
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbajajphotography/
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:31 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
theironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jaipur and hyderabad (india)
Posts: 153
Default

i paid a 20 $ dollar extra for the same.. 24,999.. same set of accessories.. four alkaline.. another pack of 4 Nimh + charger ( guess they are 1000Mah ).

the cam has been running on the alkalines that came along with the camera..
after 300 + odd tests and lot of test videos that were just clicked here and there...

as soon as i took few shots with the flash on.. the indicator popped up... its still going not yet done..

yet to the try the ni-mh supplied.. but they wont do any justice. my assumption is around 400 shots odd with them and they will max out..
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:20 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
At last, I have got my own Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR. After much waiting for about 2 months, I've this baby in my hands.

I would like to thank all the members who have posted many messages as well as wonderful pictures from this camera, which actually made me decide to buy this camera. Initially, there were many issues reported in other forums and elsewhere in web, but the kind people made my mind clear about this camera and here I've it.

I would like to especially thank, two forum members namely, Mr. Aman Jain (theironhorse) and Mr. Gary (gjtoth) for helping me out in this regard.

My First Impressions on the HS20 -

As, this is my first professional camera and I being serious in photography I had a lot of expectations from this toy. After, holding this camera for the first time, I felt like this was something not made for me. It felt like this was more than what I was expecting. The whole body was amazing, coated with rubberized grip that had a very good feel in the hands.

I then switched on the camera after putting the batteries and took my first picture in the EXR mode with all default settings. The first image taken was very grainy and I was like - something wrong... But later figured out that it took the image in ISO 1600 because of less light at the retail store.

When, I was home, I started to figure out different settings and taking different compositions and things started to work out. I got some good pictures which are posted below. I used the EXR Auto, ADV pro focus mode, manual mode and shutter priority mode to check different ways the camera takes photos.

Now that its 2 days since I have this great piece of engineering, I'm learning photography whenever I get free time. I liked the Area Focus option in the camera which is great for selecting any part in the composition and discarding the rest to out-of-focus. This works great.

Overall the camera is great and a beauty to have it.

I request all the members to have a look at the images (I know these are not great but just initial trials) and suggest any improvements with this camera.

Thanks,

Saket
Congratulations Saket,
I am from Mumbai. I too just bought a Fuji HS20EXR a few days from Singapore. Came to me for S$ 1150 with the following -
1] Complete Camera Kit with 16Gb Class 4 Card
2] Optic Plus - AF Digital Wide Angle Lens w/ Macro 0.5 x 58mm
3] 2 nos of UV Protector Filter rings - One for Wide Angle Lens / One for the HS20 lens
4] Alkaline AA 4 nos of battery with charger (sealed)
5] 3 extra Lens covers (one each for the lens bought)
6] Fuji Orignal Camera Bag
7] 3 level Tripod with bubble level meter with carrybag

I traded in my earlier Sony DSC H50 and ultimately paid S$850/- for the deal.
Can u please suggested if i was cheated or it is a fair deal.
Hope to hear from you. BTW i saw the pics of the flowers. THEY are AWESOME. am waiting to go shooting myself.
patelhemals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:50 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: India
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Congratulations Saket,
I am from Mumbai. I too just bought a Fuji HS20EXR a few days from Singapore. Came to me for S$ 1150 with the following -
1] Complete Camera Kit with 16Gb Class 4 Card
2] Optic Plus - AF Digital Wide Angle Lens w/ Macro 0.5 x 58mm
3] 2 nos of UV Protector Filter rings - One for Wide Angle Lens / One for the HS20 lens
4] Alkaline AA 4 nos of battery with charger (sealed)
5] 3 extra Lens covers (one each for the lens bought)
6] Fuji Orignal Camera Bag
7] 3 level Tripod with bubble level meter with carrybag

I traded in my earlier Sony DSC H50 and ultimately paid S$850/- for the deal.
Can u please suggested if i was cheated or it is a fair deal.
Hope to hear from you. BTW i saw the pics of the flowers. THEY are AWESOME. am waiting to go shooting myself.
Its great to know that you have also joined the Fuji family.

As per the deal, you paid about 31000+sony H50, I can just say that it all depends on the make of the accessories received. I have listed down the approx prices of things here in India you got from the dealer in Singapore.

16GB class 4 card - INR 1250 (But its slow for this camera, you atleast require a class 6 or higher)

Wide angle lens - available for around INR 1500 - 4000 depends on make (but not sure for picture quality)

UV filter - available for 200 - 1000 depends on make. The best is Hoya HMC UV(c) priced at 1000 + 1 year warranty.

Never use Rechargable Alkaline Batteries with this camera. It is even mentioned in the manual at page no. 8. "Never use manganese or Ni-Cd batteries."
A plain alkaline battery is made up of zinc and rechargeble ones are with manganese.

The best battery for this camera is Sanyo Eneloop + sanyo charger Rs. 1200 (recharges upto 1500 times) + 1 year warranty. These are NiMH batteries and would give you over 400 shots.

Fuji bag - about 400-800. But I prefer Lowepro bags as these are made of high quality denier nylon and priced about 1000 - 1500 for HS20EXR size + 1 year warranty.

Tripod - various brands available from 1000-50000. Personally bought a Vanguard MAK 233 for 2500, takes camera weight upto 3kg and its very sturdy with a bubble level + carrybag + 2 yrs warranty.

Most important is - does the camera have international warranty, as here in India they are giving 2 years warranty.
__________________
Canon EOS 60D | EF-S 18-55mm IS II | EF-S 55-250mm IS II | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon Speedlite 430EXII | Vanguard MAK 233 | Lowepro Adventura TLZ 25 | Lowepro Adventura 170
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbajajphotography/
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:39 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Default Hs20 exr

Thanks Saket,
Even i feel i have over paid a bit here, but i guess he gave me Fuji 3300 too for S$350 extra. but i guess no point in worrying too much on the deal.

Do i need to worry about temperature issue? I have shot atleast 200 pics including around 50 pics at a stretch and have not received a warning as of now.

My batch 1BQ and firmware is 1.02. I downloaded the 1.10 patch and tried updating but the camera didnt seem to update, saying the camera is already updated with latest firmware.

Thanks for the advice for the alkaline batteries. Infact the first thing i did was to buy Kodak NiMH 2100 with charger.

I am yet to explore more with the camera, but i feel the camera is worth the upgrade over the Sony H50.

I was actually planning to go for the Canon 550D which was available for S$450 in trade in for my H50, but it was with 18-55 lens.

I prefer using a long zoom. I am still contemplating also opting for a DSLR, Would a DSLR with 18-55 lens be good enough for regular shooting. I found the 18-55 lens for good enough for regular photographs but for a long zoom, i felt it lacked big time. The guy at the store did tell me that a DSLR would always come with a excess baggage of expensive lens as additional whereas the Fuji HS20 EXR would suffice both my needs of a great regular camera with support of long barrel for manual zoom adjustment.

Would love to hear from you and others at the forum on this.

Thanks again. will soon upload some pics.




Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
Its great to know that you have also joined the Fuji family.

As per the deal, you paid about 31000+sony H50, I can just say that it all depends on the make of the accessories received. I have listed down the approx prices of things here in India you got from the dealer in Singapore.

16GB class 4 card - INR 1250 (But its slow for this camera, you atleast require a class 6 or higher)

Wide angle lens - available for around INR 1500 - 4000 depends on make (but not sure for picture quality)

UV filter - available for 200 - 1000 depends on make. The best is Hoya HMC UV(c) priced at 1000 + 1 year warranty.

Never use Rechargable Alkaline Batteries with this camera. It is even mentioned in the manual at page no. 8. "Never use manganese or Ni-Cd batteries."
A plain alkaline battery is made up of zinc and rechargeble ones are with manganese.

The best battery for this camera is Sanyo Eneloop + sanyo charger Rs. 1200 (recharges upto 1500 times) + 1 year warranty. These are NiMH batteries and would give you over 400 shots.

Fuji bag - about 400-800. But I prefer Lowepro bags as these are made of high quality denier nylon and priced about 1000 - 1500 for HS20EXR size + 1 year warranty.

Tripod - various brands available from 1000-50000. Personally bought a Vanguard MAK 233 for 2500, takes camera weight upto 3kg and its very sturdy with a bubble level + carrybag + 2 yrs warranty.

Most important is - does the camera have international warranty, as here in India they are giving 2 years warranty.
patelhemals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:37 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: India
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Thanks Saket,
Even i feel i have over paid a bit here, but i guess he gave me Fuji 3300 too for S$350 extra. but i guess no point in worrying too much on the deal.

Do i need to worry about temperature issue? I have shot atleast 200 pics including around 50 pics at a stretch and have not received a warning as of now.

My batch 1BQ and firmware is 1.02. I downloaded the 1.10 patch and tried updating but the camera didnt seem to update, saying the camera is already updated with latest firmware.

Thanks for the advice for the alkaline batteries. Infact the first thing i did was to buy Kodak NiMH 2100 with charger.

I am yet to explore more with the camera, but i feel the camera is worth the upgrade over the Sony H50.

I was actually planning to go for the Canon 550D which was available for S$450 in trade in for my H50, but it was with 18-55 lens.

I prefer using a long zoom. I am still contemplating also opting for a DSLR, Would a DSLR with 18-55 lens be good enough for regular shooting. I found the 18-55 lens for good enough for regular photographs but for a long zoom, i felt it lacked big time. The guy at the store did tell me that a DSLR would always come with a excess baggage of expensive lens as additional whereas the Fuji HS20 EXR would suffice both my needs of a great regular camera with support of long barrel for manual zoom adjustment.

Would love to hear from you and others at the forum on this.

Thanks again. will soon upload some pics.
Hi,

Oh, its okay... deal done is done. Good part is that u have the camera.

No, need to worry about the temp issue as u have the latest firmware. No need to update it.

As, you have the latest 1BQ could you tell me, how the zoom lens function or operates in your machine? Is it smooth when you go beyond 80mm? Does it stop or holds itself at this point? Kindly check and reply.

Thanks,
__________________
Canon EOS 60D | EF-S 18-55mm IS II | EF-S 55-250mm IS II | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon Speedlite 430EXII | Vanguard MAK 233 | Lowepro Adventura TLZ 25 | Lowepro Adventura 170
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbajajphotography/
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:05 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Yes it is smooth but at the same time, it is not slippery hence it does stay at a position without loosing focus.
patelhemals is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:49 AM.