Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 11, 2004, 7:14 AM   #1

Default Refuse to answer......

Is anyone else here tired of reading "Which camera should I buy..."? How the hell am I supposed to know what is right for you? Make your own decision based on what you need and like. Refuse to answer these pointless questions and lets enjoy what these forums are REALLY for.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2004, 8:53 AM   #2

Hey Goofas - I need to buy a new car, there are so many different models, colours, features and prices.

Can I find out which car is the best one to buy!

Perhaps this is why we have salesmen and advertising - to help sell us the product which generates the most profit on sale for the salesman and make us feel happy and euphoric afterwards (no dissonance), since everybody else in the world must have bought the wrong thing and we must have been right. Bit like taking stress release pills! Of course it works both ways 'cos the salesman/forum poster also feels better because his advice has been accepted.

So if you want to make yourself feel better, just recommend any camera that comes into your head! Have a nice day. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 9:14 AM   #3

Yet another idiot. Oh; I see...you are from the UK...nevermind.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:03 AM   #4

Ah, but because we are on the other side of the pond looking outwards, - we have a lot of experience in this sort of thing (I think it's called 'vision') and can see that the world is really full of idiots.

The trick is understanding their needs as much as your own and keeping off the stress pills! VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:45 AM   #5

Goofas,
I am sure you are not the only one "sick" of reading "which camera should I buy posts"......so duuuuh why read????

Not everyone is as wise and blessed at camera knowledge as you dear holy one so just give it a rest.

I and many other are tired of seeing "I'm sick of reading which camera should I buy posts" so there........nanananaa.

They need a forum especially for people unsure of what to buy so owners of that/those cameras can give their feedback and of course stop annoying the great goofas.

please forgive us -jerk-

oh and here is a quote from you...try following it.

"We could all type here on this forum all day long about negatives. Constructive criticism is good"
Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 3:38 PM   #6

This is a tricky issue. Well you have to understand what goofas is saying. There are many posts all over asking "which camera should I buy" You see we cant answer this question beause we simply dont know what they want. On the otherhand the poeple who post the questions are all beginners and are only seeking help from those of us ( :lol: ) who know more about the subject. This story has 2 good sides and I dont know which one to choose.
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 5:31 PM   #7

Nobody (or very few) seems to have found the search feature on the site. So the same questions get asked over and over.

I favour putting all the idiots, politicians, telemarketers, marketing departments, etc, on ark-ship B, and launching them into space. :P

Quote:
Ah, but because we are on the other side of the pond looking outwards, - we have a lot of experience in this sort of thing (I think it's called 'vision') and can see that the world is really full of idiots.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 5:33 PM   #8

I think it's ok to have these kinds of questions being asked.
It's a great way to introduce or be introduced into a forum, which can only grow.

I don't think you have to reply to any of the "which camera...." but I think it should be ok for other people who wants to help.

I was one of the newbies who ask in other forums about which way to go, a show of help in the community gave me confidence that Fuji S5000 and it's users was the way to go.

"which camera should I get next? S7000 or Nikon DSLR?"

just kiddin',
Vic
vnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 8:11 PM   #9

People want to gather as much information as possible before spending their money, and avoid a wrong choice. To get this far into a forum means that the person has an interest not only in photography, but in this particular camera. When somebody starts a hobby they are excited, and full of questions. They go to the people that have experience. People don't expect to be ignored, or berated because they weren't the first to ask a question.
We should all be happy that information gets passed along, or else we could be using stone tools to carve pictographs, and using our feet to push cars made of timber and stone.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 9:29 PM   #10

Default My own thoughts?

I bought a Fuji 2400Zoom a few years ago, was very happy with it and had no complaints. When the time came that I wanted to upgrade to something with better resolution, more manual control, and more versatility, I lurked on several different forums and read the responses to questions that were asked about advice by new buyers. I decided on the S602 Pro. I was very content with it as it was allowing me to gain skills and creativity. One day not long ago My camera left my possesion, the resident lumpy sweatered, pony tailed camera bandit picked it up and fell in love with the camera!!
I ended up looking to buy ANOTHER camera as I was back with my 2400Zoom in my hand again! Back to the forums I went looking for input on current cameras. I found that after I sorted through the posts that non productively flamed those that asked questions that weren't worthy of the "experts" and the replies of "my camera is best. Nyah, Nyah" there was a lot of excellent input and suggestions. I also found the true "experts" were often kind and patient explaining things to the beginners, or had the Class to quietly smirk to themselves and not attack of flame the person who posted. Also I think the personal likes and dislikes for a particular camera often brought up quirks and niggles that specs do not ("why did they put that switch were I can't use it easily?") The technical input of people like [email protected] is second to none, although he has his own style of humour! :-)

After considering all my options, and opinions of others, I bought another S602Pro, for two reasons:
1. I really liked the first one I had.
2. I figured she couldn't use 2 of the same camera at the same time, so I should have one to use myself.

I know this got long winded, but I would thank all those that have helped me along the way, whether by answering my questions, or the questions of others that I have read replies to.

My hat is off to all those that give of themselves to promote the interests of all of us, without feeling the need to "Blow their own horn".

My best wishes and gratitude to all that have helped all of us,

Snow.
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote