Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 11, 2004, 8:27 PM   #1
KS

Default Dusty S3000

Hi folks! I just got myself a new Fuji Finepix S3000 as an introduction to digital cameras, and hobby photography in general. I like the pictures I'm getting, and the price was right. The problem is that after only three days, I can see dust BEHIND the lens. I didn't check for dust as soon as I unpacked it (didn't know I had to!), so I don't know if it came like that or not, but I swear when I blew some dust of the front of the lens I saw some of the dust on the inside move! I'm not talking about one little bit of dust, I count at least 10 bits of hair-like dust. Is this a defect, or are all S3000's this poorly sealed? I assume this lens assembly is not user serviceable without voiding the warranty, right? Should I just return this POS? Help!

BTW, I got this online and now I regret not buying locally! The $50 I saved isn't going to be worth the trouble of returning it or getting it serviced. I almost bought this camera at the local Wolf Camera, but then I got mad when they said they couldn't match the price on the Wolf website, so I went with a competitor... What's with wolf online competing with it's own stores?
KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:35 AM   #2
KS

Hi KS!

Gosh, sorry to hear about that. No, I've never heard about a faulty S3000 lens assembly, or perhaps I have heard about one or two of them... Seems like either the clean room isn't very clean, or Fuji doesn't think dust behind the lens affects picture quality. I agree that it would be nice to know if this is a common problem. Maybe if you weren't such a whiner you'd get more replies from people other than yourself! :roll:

Yours,

KS
KS is offline   Reply With Quote