Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
thanks guys, you have helped me massively in deciding what camera to buy and it's the S7000 .

next question, what's the best sort of memory to use?
CF, MD, xD, SM?

a photographer i was speaking to a while ago said its best to use CF instead of MD i never asked why (silly me) what could he have meant?
One of the cool things about the S7000 is that you can use two different memory cards at once. I had plenty of "CD cards"
I meant to say CF cards. I don't think this camera has a CD slot on it
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 2:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdavila
I am very pleased with my S7000 and I am getting great pictures from it. Super detailed photos, great photo quality; the camera has great and easy to use features.

Maybe I don't know how to identify noise in a digital photo, but the photos that I am getting from the S7000 are superb.

PS I uploaded some misc photos to Webshots. I hope that the link works.

http://community.webshots.com/album/105090881ZSYnse

You and Faizal have both posted some really nice photos. I like the macros you took, especially of the Lizard. I have to ask though, what's the story with the burning car? Looks like the fire is coming out of the passenger department, instead of being an engine fire, like usually happens.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 2:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by faizal
true that what's the point of buying a DC if you have to do PP later...but noise in S7000 is just one small issue compared to other goodies offered by S7000.

I bet you that you seldom heard other problem beside noise issue. still, even thre is noise in the pic, there are other software to reduce it...Neat Image is very popular among photogs.
Hey Faizal, I had not heard of the Neat image program before, so I did a search for it, and download it. Nice program, works really well. I also tried cleaning up some photos from my older Canon cameras, and it did a wonderful job. Thanks for making mention of the program, because it seems to be a winner, and another nice photo editing tool to have around.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 6:33 PM   #24

Hi Big Mike; no prob here...always glad to help fellow fujians . Another good tool for noise removal is Ninja Noise. i have yet to try it but from what i've read the tool is quite good as Neat Image.

BTW on the question on microdrive, also from what i've read (no experience yet on MD :lol, it consumed 10% more power than the normal CF cards and it generates more heat...but the good side is that it writes fast on it! Actually the MD is manifactured by HItachi but IBM bought them over and that is why it is referred to IBM Microdrive (instead of Hitachi).

ANyway on Liam's Q on memory cards, IMHO, if budget is no problem to you i'd go for xD cards as it writes faster than certain CFs but here in Malaysia it cost as much as twice than the CF. Otherwise, just use CF cards but bear in mind that from what i've read (again, i read in other forums) Sandisk CF cards seem to have a problem with S7000. It drains the battery if left overnight without switching it on...weird isnt it? Anyway, Fuji UK has made an announcement on this matter this week and should there is any problem with the S7000, UK residents can send the camera to Fuji UK for repair.

All the best
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 6:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by faizal
Hi Big Mike; no prob here...always glad to help fellow fujians . Another good tool for noise removal is Ninja Noise. i have yet to try it but from what i've read the tool is quite good as Neat Image.
It seems from what the demo read-me says, that the demo version is minus a few features, but otherwise is fully functional. I do not see any time limits on it. Is this correct, or is there a "gotch ya" somewhere I am not finding? Also, I'll give Ninja a look. Thanks...
Old Jan 15, 2004, 7:06 PM   #26

Hi Big Mike,

correct me if i'm wrong, i think for demo version they disabled batch processing, meaning that you cant process the image in batches, only one image per process...for demo version, i also find it fully functional..

do yo have any web gallery? i'd love to see what you have captured with S7000?

rgds
Old Jan 16, 2004, 8:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdavila
I am very pleased with my S7000 and I am getting great pictures from it. Super detailed photos, great photo quality; the camera has great and easy to use features.

Maybe I don't know how to identify noise in a digital photo, but the photos that I am getting from the S7000 are superb.

PS I uploaded some misc photos to Webshots. I hope that the link works.

http://community.webshots.com/album/105090881ZSYnse

You and Faizal have both posted some really nice photos. I like the macros you took, especially of the Lizard. I have to ask though, what's the story with the burning car? Looks like the fire is coming out of the passenger department, instead of being an engine fire, like usually happens.
I don't know the exact story of the burning car. I was return home from work and found this huge traffic jam. I just took the camera and started shooting the car. I was driving and taking photos at the same time.
jmdavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 7:03 PM   #28

jmdavila: you were driving and at the same time taking pics? Wow!! isnt that risky?
Old Jan 18, 2004, 7:09 PM   #29

Quote:
jmdavila: you were driving and at the same time taking pics? Wow!! isnt that risky?
Fujions are a brave and fearless set
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote