Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:26 AM   #1

Default NEW FUJI CAMERAs

Sweet - Just what I was looking for

http://fujifilm-x.com/x10/en/index.html
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:27 AM   #2

please, please, please God let this have IQ and sharpness to match my old S6500fd God bless its soul.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:48 AM   #3

Hi everyone

A little bit of interesting news up there for anyone interested in FUJI cameras and any rumours about them going away and retiring from camera making.

I think that as long as they keep making bridge / hybrid models too (as they are famous for) they have a good chance.

Im looking forward to hearing about the successor to the HS20.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:49 AM   #4

Default Fuji X-10

Wow... I would love to own this camera- the one thing that turned me off to the X100 was the fixed f/l lens... this one- with its zoom- would be just the ticket!
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes James View Post
Wow... I would love to own this camera- the one thing that turned me off to the X100 was the fixed f/l lens... this one- with its zoom- would be just the ticket!
Yes I agree. I would willingly trade off a bit of high zoom capability for a camera of this size which would hopefully take high quality shots with a 2/3 inch sensor, but which still has some cropping facility in its 4 x zoom. The very fast lens and large sensor should make it good in low light as well as a little more capable of portraits with a bit of bokeh..... but we'll have to wait and see.

You ahve got to commend fuji on the design though. Im sure if there was a little circular red badge on it in script style font, well, you know what I mean lol......

Apparently it will also be around the 500 mark. having a camera like this is as well as a decent high zoom bridge camera would be brilliant!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:42 PM   #6

this camera is quality. This camera is focusing on a small market, basically people like me.

and here is big brother

http://www.finepix-x100.com/

worth over 1000 dollars, DSLR quality!

Last edited by Cresho; Sep 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
this camera is quality. This camera is focusing on a small market, basically people like me.

and here is big brother

http://www.finepix-x100.com/

worth over 1000 dollars, DSLR quality!
I bet working with the X100 would be awesome - a very proffessional camera no doubt, and very 'purist'. Ive never used a rangefinder or really 'oldschool' camera with controls on the top, but I bet it would be fun now a know a little bit about photography.

I really really hope the X10 is going to give sharp results. In my opinion, it is not just a combination of smaller lenses and smaller sensors and high megapixel counts, I seriously think that the infancy of on-board image optimization such as EXR etc etc has paid a toll on image quality with OTT image noise reduction, colour emphasis, blemish removal, red eye reduction etc etc. So, if fuji manage to even the slumps out, I think they can aim for the highs!

It really is good to see Fuji being so bullish with this high-end , almost connoisseur equipment in order to raise their profile. I think too many people overlooked them in the 6500/9500/s100fs days.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:56 PM   #8

Default Fuji's success

I, too want to see Fuji's success... I have several cameras- and my favorite to use- as far as control layout, functionality, etc. is the Fuji S200 EXR. Image quality is great, I love using it. I hope this newest lives up to the initial billing, I will certainly own one if it does.
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote