Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 17, 2004, 4:48 PM   #1

Default New Digital Camera: Fujifilm FinepixF610

I bought this niiiiiice 12MP camera...well my mum did for me

And it's a really nice camera, really small and easy to handle...

The 2 LCD screens are really useful and a lot of options to mess around with.

Images are really sharp but I can't really get any proper pictures of daylight as it's 22:50 here in UK.

The movie quality is excellent ranging from either [email protected] or [email protected]

I will get some photos tomorrow when I'm out in town.

I haven't really used everything that it offers cos there's quite a lot. It's basically like the F601Z but updated.

Price was 439 which is ~ $867US
kentris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2004, 10:38 PM   #2

Default Re: New Digital Camera: Fujifilm FinepixF610

[quote="kentris"]I bought this niiiiiice 12MP camera...well my mum did for me

And it's a really nice camera, really small and easy to handle...

The 2 LCD screens are really useful and a lot of options to mess around with.

I've seen those before. Nice camera. It's an upright unit, and like the S7000, it is a 6.3 megapixel camera with a 12 recorded megapixel option. If I remember right, the split screen lcd has the picture on the top screen, and photo information on the bottom screen, like the S2. Have fun, and lets see some of those photos when you get them!
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:22 AM   #3

Default You must be from the UK..

You're a lucky guy...I have connections with Fuji USA...this is not a camera that will probably be sold in the US Market...well maybe if it does well in other countries....thing about Fuji......it usually does not happen in America first. I think most Americans' are really "poor" photographers and testing is better in other countries.
Asians and Euorpeans....seem to have less fuss...sorry very German/ American here.. :lol: It is sorry to say, but most of Fuji's cameras are "not" going to hit the US Market, but are being exported to other countries...some how... it it is cheeper for New York, California, and Florida....to export goods that should have been for the USA....I have facts...and figures...
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 1:25 AM   #4

Default Re: You must be from the UK..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
You're a lucky guy...I have connections with Fuji USA...this is not a camera that will probably be sold in the US Market...well maybe if it does well in other countries....thing about Fuji......it usually does not happen in America first. I think most Americans' are really "poor" photographers and testing is better in other countries.
Asians and Euorpeans....seem to have less fuss...sorry very German/ American here.. :lol: It is sorry to say, but most of Fuji's cameras are "not" going to hit the US Market, but are being exported to other countries...some how... it it is cheeper for New York, California, and Florida....to export goods that should have been for the USA....I have facts...and figures...
I think the camera would just have to much competition here, especially in that price range. It's a great camera I am sure, after all, it's a fuji, but the 3x zoom, and considering it doesn't appear to take add-on lenses or filters, would make it a tough sell here at that high of price. I'm sure Fuji knows that, and if it does well abroad, the price will drop, and it will end up on the shelf at our local Best Buy stores. All that aside, I just hope the person has a lot of fun using it, because it looks like a great compact camera.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 6:50 AM   #5

A half year ago I bought the F601 for reasons of cheap, pocket size, manual control of apperture, shutter speed, iso, exposure stops, flash exposure stops. Actually it was at that moment an extreme camera with 'slr' features including iso 800 in pocket size with an impressive fast shutter response (very important).

What I don't like about the camera is if iso 800 is selected and camera is turned off and on again by default it returns in 400 Iso low res mode. Secondly the animated menu interface is a tad annoying.

Overall I'm still happy with this pocket camera eventhough I have now a dslr at my dispossal. And use it at parties
(See for examples :
http://www.desk.nl/mupe/photos/ballonfeest/index.htm
http://www.desk.nl/mupe/photos/newyear2004/index.htm
) And

I'm glad to hear Fuji produced a follow up for this camera (so if sh*t happens I can buy another one) but have not seen yet any reviews of the F610.
- How does it perform with shutterlag (absence).
- Is the menu interface improved?
- Does switching the camera of and on in higher iso reset the camera to 400 Iso small file size?
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:06 PM   #6

Well here are some pictures

Macro shot

http://absoluteinterface.net/Pictures/Misc/DSCF1880.JPG

Fast Shutter Speed

http://absoluteinterface.net/Pictures/Misc/DSCF1961.JPG

A short video of me humming :P

http://absoluteinterface.net/Picture...CF0003.AVI.mpg

I'll get some day pics when it's daylight.....stupid winter :evil:
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:55 PM   #7

Cewl! Thanks for sharing.
And why do you take a winter stop with this camera? As far as light concers it can take pictures at night. (Maybe not that impressive sharp, but still it is possible)
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 1:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde uP
Cewl! Thanks for sharing.
And why do you take a winter stop with this camera? As far as light concers it can take pictures at night. (Maybe not that impressive sharp, but still it is possible)
well there's nothing to take, it's not snowing in UK... and where I live isn't exactly exciting :P
Old Jan 18, 2004, 5:00 PM   #9

Default Re: You must be from the UK..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
I think the camera would just have to much competition here, especially in that price range. It's a great camera I am sure, after all, it's a fuji, but the 3x zoom, and considering it doesn't appear to take add-on lenses or filters, would make it a tough sell here at that high of price. I'm sure Fuji knows that, and if it does well abroad, the price will drop, and it will end up on the shelf at our local Best Buy stores. All that aside, I just hope the person has a lot of fun using it, because it looks like a great compact camera.
Well, I'm a user who doesn't bother with add on lenses etc because I use my camera for every day stuff not like professional type photography.

The only downside I've noticed with this camera is that when you're recording, going from light to dark environments you can hear the motor in the videos