Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:05 AM   #21

Looking on eBay, I see a lot of variations on the search term "Tcon 17"... there's Tcon 17, Tcon 17F, Tcon 17X... which is it that I should be looking for/that is being discussed here- the straight Tcon 17, right? I see several new in Japan... are they the real deal?
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:21 AM   #22

Default Found one...

I just purchased a lightly used Olympus TCON-17 on eBay, ordering the sizing ring today from Amazon. I'm mainly interested in lunar shots with it. Have a solid tripod (Manfrotto 475) to mount the camera on, with self-timer I should be good to go. Also want to try some exposure bracketing/Photomatix HDR shots with it on my HS-20.
Wes
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes James View Post
Looking on eBay, I see a lot of variations on the search term "Tcon 17"... there's Tcon 17, Tcon 17F, Tcon 17X... which is it that I should be looking for/that is being discussed here- the straight Tcon 17, right? I see several new in Japan... are they the real deal?
Wes
Sorry I missed this early on, Wes, and I hope you got the right one. But, for clarification should someone else need the information -- TCON-17 period. No suffixes, additional letters. Just TCON-17. You can also do a search on "Olympus B-300". They are identical teleconverters. They were remarketed a few years later as the TCON-17 to rake in a little more $$$.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:16 AM   #24

Default yep- I got the right one!

Hi, Gary-
Yes, thanks- after waiting, and looking at a lot of resources, I determined on my own that it must be the straight Olympus TCON-17, and that's what I got. I wasn't aware of the earlier nomenclature of it, though- could have expanded my search! Adaptors (step up/step down! ) on their way... not that expensive (<$4.00) , and I know I'll have the right one!
Wes
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes James View Post
Hi, Gary-
Yes, thanks- after waiting, and looking at a lot of resources, I determined on my own that it must be the straight Olympus TCON-17, and that's what I got. I wasn't aware of the earlier nomenclature of it, though- could have expanded my search! Adaptors (step up/step down! ) on their way... not that expensive (<$4.00) , and I know I'll have the right one!
Wes
Great! Those questions get asked more often than you think. Now, there's a reference... if folks learn to use the search feature first!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:18 PM   #26

Got my TCON today, it's in absolutely perfect condition... wish the adapter rings were here! Have decided to see what it'll take to adapt it to my Lumix DMC-FZ40 as well. Might as well- oops, sorry... didn't mean to mention Panasonic in a Fuji forum!!
How EMBARRASING!
Wes