Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeforms View Post
I agree. Why get so pedantic over little idiosyncrasies. I today printed X10 samples out for my dad thru my cannon high res printer and the sharpness is like M2/3 or DLSR even at A4 size, which is as big as well ever go. In high ISO it beats my old S6500fd and my dads 9500 pantsdown, and the almost prime lens at only 4x is incredibly sharp at both ends. So we would both like to get one eventually. The blobs could even be considered an artistic trait of the camera loooooool. Im sure a Firmware upgrade will sort it.
And to be fair, from the samples I've seen, who is going to shoot a face of a watch with the cameras own flash and expect it to be a 'work of art.' and not get blown highlights from flares and refelections??????? Someone with a lot to learn, evidently.

I would expect a small characteristic of this in night scenes, parties etc etc.

I reckon this is in the models with normal or even High Noise Reduction settings, the algorythms are probably thinking 'pure white.... pure white..... or is this a bit of grey... a bit more darker grey here.... NAH NOT SURE ILL JUST MAKE IT ALLLLLLLLL WHITE loooooool.

Im not experienced enough to comment on whether this could be a lens configuration issue. I doubt it with Fujis engineering experience?

What do others think?

I tell you something though, there are always others who want perfection and make themselves miserable in pursuit of 'it' (hence never finding 'it'.) and those that just love to knock other manufacturers and new cameras!
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeforms View Post
I agree. Why get so pedantic over little idiosyncrasies. I today printed X10 samples out for my dad thru my cannon high res printer and the sharpness is like M2/3 or DLSR even at A4 size, which is as big as well ever go. In high ISO it beats my old S6500fd and my dads 9500 pantsdown, and the almost prime lens at only 4x is incredibly sharp at both ends. So we would both like to get one eventually. The blobs could even be considered an artistic trait of the camera loooooool. Im sure a Firmware upgrade will sort it.
I did not notice anything unusual or unpleasant in any of my well exposed pictures, so I agree with you: let's enjoy the awesome capabilities of this nice camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippa View Post
Nice shot of Sao Paulo without being affected too much by the dreaded X10 white blobs.
It's interesting that had you chosen to shoot at ISO 100 virtually every strong light would have been reproduced as an even larger blank white disc.
Nippa, thanks for the comments.

Last edited by celsmk; Dec 2, 2011 at 6:37 AM.
celsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:42 PM   #13

these are excellent high iso shots and 3200? looks clean. angles are alright.

Last edited by Cresho; Dec 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote