Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Default Hs20

Well I finally made up my mind and ordered the HS20 this morning. Is there such a thing as a printed owners manual for this camera? (not a quick start guide)but a real owners manual. I also ordered a step down ring to enable use of my tecon17(just in case). Amazon had a pretty good deal on this "used like new" @ $303.00 and just couldn't pass on it.
otter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2

That's a pretty good price. I don't know if someone has done a PDF of the Printed Owners Manual or not, the printed versions usually come with the new HS20 EXR's.

Fujifilm HS20 EXR
406Shutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter21 View Post
Well I finally made up my mind and ordered the HS20 this morning. Is there such a thing as a printed owners manual for this camera? (not a quick start guide)but a real owners manual. I also ordered a step down ring to enable use of my tecon17(just in case). Amazon had a pretty good deal on this "used like new" @ $303.00 and just couldn't pass on it.
No. People have whined about this issue for several Fuji cameras. It ain't happenin' without buying one. The PDF version is a WHOLE lot faster to search through. You will need the ring.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:20 PM   #4

Default Pdf

I found and downloaded the 136 pg. pdf ver. I will look further to find a hard copy to buy. I was wondering what folks are using for batteries. I found some 2850mah. I did get a 8g class 10 sandisk extream card and a collapsable rubber hood as well.
otter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter21 View Post
I found and downloaded the 136 pg. pdf ver. I will look further to find a hard copy to buy. I was wondering what folks are using for batteries. I found some 2850mah. I did get a 8g class 10 sandisk extream card and a collapsable rubber hood as well.
You could've saved your money on the rubber hood. The camera comes with a lens hood that works. In my experience, most other hoods cause vignetting at the lower end of the range. You'll be glad you got the class 10 card. Really reduces the shot-to-shot time. Lot of folks use Sanyo Eneloops but, I haven't had a lot of luck with them. Energizer rechargeables work just fine for me, though.
My Gallery

--
Old Nov 26, 2011, 2:56 PM   #6

Gary-
What kind of problems have you had with the Eneloops??
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 3:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes James View Post
Gary-
What kind of problems have you had with the Eneloops??
Wes
They just don't seem to last as long as any other battery, Wes. Even alkalines last longer!
My Gallery

--
Old Nov 26, 2011, 6:29 PM   #8

I have 3 sets of rechargeable Duracell AA's, and never worry about it.

Fujifilm HS20 EXR
406Shutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:15 AM   #9

Hello all,

If i may add here a small point, it is of great importance how the charge of the batteries is done, the current, temperature, voltage
Not all known chargers do their job as they should, some off the overcharge the batteries and leave them boiling , so reducing the life span .
A slower charged battery will last longer than a fast charged one.
The rule for lead, NiMH , NiCD is current =1 /10 of the capacity for 10 hours, i know this is the old rule and takes to long

Greetz
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:55 PM   #10

I just got my HS20 this past Friday and I think I like it but I am not sure... I was able to go online and find a manual to print... its 136 pages but I needed it... I do have a few questions for those of you who are very familiar with the HS20... is there a way to set up the flash where it pops up automatically or do you have to manually do it? I have a 9 month old little boy and I was trying to take some pics of him in front of a Christmas tree and as you all probably know, a 9mth old doesnt sit still very long... I couldnt get the camera to focus fast enough to get a pic so needless to say I dont have a pic of him in front of the pretty Christmas tree... can someone give me some suggestions? It seems to be having a hard time to focus... I can hold it up and everything is blurry and it seems to take a bit of time to get into focus... I like to shoot weddings and I dont have time to sit there and let it takes it time to focus... Anyone have this problem or can you tell me what I am doing wrong... I havent had alot of time to sit down and play with all the functions and I am working on that but is there any quick tips for me just to get me thru Christmas and then maybe I will have time to sit down and play with it? Thank you for your help...
wendyg325 is offline   Reply With Quote