Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:54 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
Default HS30EXR and HS25EXR

Turns out there WILL be an HS30 and HS25

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n120105_04.html
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 162
Default

Nice you noticed this.
A better EVF will be more than welcome.
Better high iso performance is a nice development too.
Which camera to choose? X S-1 or HS30?
HS30 will be a bang for the buck.
X S-1 has the big sensor. Is big really better in the 21th century?

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:02 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
Nice you noticed this.
A better EVF will be more than welcome.
Better high iso performance is a nice development too.
Which camera to choose? X S-1 or HS30?
HS30 will be a bang for the buck.
X S-1 has the big sensor. Is big really better in the 21th century?

guus
Hi Guus

Its interesting to see Fuji come out all guns blazing.

I think that the XS-1 for me would be the camera I would most want. From the results I have seen lately from that camera, IQ is actually quite superb in the right hands, very sharp, especially in rendering leaves and foliage in Landscape. The bigger sensor also allows for a slightly more selective focal field i.e a bit of blur in portrait shots. My only problem is the white discs issue with that sensor.

I think the HS30 will be much cheaper than the XS-1. I think the HS25 will go to Indian markets, the HS30 to European and American. The HS30 will be an ok piece of kit if its like the HS20.
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:25 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 162
Default

Hi Lifeforms,

I do not know yet that the image quality of the X S-1 will be superior over the iq of the HS30.
What I have seen until now did not make me say: that's the camera I want. These images look like those of the S100fs I alseady own. Personally I prefer the iq of the HS20 over the of the S100fs. But time will tell, it's too early to decide yet which camera has the best iq.

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: India
Posts: 273
Default

Making a large number of cameras is not what I would want from Fuji.Make something that comes closer to the Panasonic FZ150 or something that would exeed it in all departments and have no glitches.Fuji has been brave and innovative but hasn't ever made an out and out winner.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:47 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaclick View Post
Making a large number of cameras is not what I would want from Fuji.Make something that comes closer to the Panasonic FZ150 or something that would exeed it in all departments and have no glitches.Fuji has been brave and innovative but hasn't ever made an out and out winner.
Indeed, it seems that they are trying to capture multiple markets now. Id rather have a few usable cameras than multiple Useless ones.
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangor,North Wales
Posts: 3,741
Default

Is it just my imagination- or has the flash housing been raised...? A good move,if it has- as is the switch to a li-ion battery. Shame about the 16mp sensor though- I still think it's too much- think of the extra processing speed(and shooting speed) if it was only a humble 10 or 12 mp..! I see the digi zoom of the HS10 has returned also- albeit under a new guise...
wanaclick- a camera that would outperform the FZ-150 in all departments..? That would be some camera..!

Last edited by SIMON40; Jan 5, 2012 at 6:13 PM.
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:34 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON40 View Post
Is it just my imagination- or has the flash housing been raised...? A good move,if it has- as is the switch to a li-ion battery. Shame about the 16mp sensor though- I still think it's too much- think of the extra processing speed(and shooting speed) if it was only a humble 10 or 12 mp..! I see the digi zoom of the HS10 has returned also- albeit under a new guise...
wanaclick- a camera that would outperform the FZ-150 in all departments..? That would be some camera..!
The Fujifilm HS30 looks promising. If the camera has the same digital zoom technique the S100fs has than that would be fantastic. That digital zoom works remarkably well. Perfect for macro's.
Don't forget to use the HS EXR camera's in the 8 MP mode. The jpeg output of the HS20 is very good, let's hope the jpeg output of the HS30 is the same or even better. Don't hope it becomes the same as they used on the HS10, that jpeg output was too bad, forced you to use RAW.

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:01 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Im looking forward to seeing some HS30EXR samples.

If Fuji, lets say, have perfected the firmware and ironed out kinks in the sensor etc, i.e its a TUNED HS20 the I like this idea.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Villages, Florida, USA
Posts: 128
Default

Now that I have about a dozen Eneloops and a great recharger...

I'm wondering if the HS30 will have an adapter for AA batteries to subsitute for their proprietary battery. I'll gladly exchange the potential for 600 shots for the ability to get a fresh charge from a new set of batteries anywhere.
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:38 PM.