Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:59 PM   #11

bugsbunny i check your video is dark, but is this lowlight.. u have some video in daylight?
I see you your good with cameras, beacouse u have HS20 can u tell me for what is good this camera video, photos what type? thanks..

---------------

just4clix i just listen all songs very good band...
I find more then 4 videos, with 720p that is with HS20?
I find this on youtube: link
But this is beter quality then yours, he use 1080p this is or somethin in seting...
MindHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:07 PM   #12

Mindhunter, The videos titled "First annual Mayor Jim's jams" were done with the HS20. There are a bunch that are shot in daylight. I have no external lighting, so I would say that unless you do have some, it is not good for night time videos. All the other, older videos were done with my FujiFilm S2000HD. It has better night time capabilities. Althoug I try to stay away from the dark. My HS20 shuts down from over heating after 3 three minute vids due to overheating. The S2000HD will shoot 30 three and a half minute vids with no problems and the focus is much better. I am in the process of buying a digital handy cam of some kind to do the musical recording, one with low light capabilities. J4c
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:39 AM   #13

Like I have been telling people all along The HS20 is not a video camera. If your really looking to do video more than just to grab a short clip for your own viewing I'd go with a video camera. The HS20 is an AWESOME bridge camera with very good photo quality. It is a very good still image digital camera with some decent video quality but from the way this discussion is going your not gonna get the results you want period. From what you say a dedicated video camera is the way to go, you'll be happier with the results.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:14 AM   #14

Dave, I know that, but I just had to try. I bought my HS20 for the better picture quality than my previous Fuji. J4c
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:53 PM   #15

I would look for an DSLR if I need good video and pictures !
The canon 550D Video is very very good ! And I think it is capable to shoot nearly professional videos ...
With FULL video settings, and very good image quality (pictures and video) I think such camera is the ultimate device for Video & Photo enthusiasts !

And the other aspect is that, when you are you can upgrade the lenses and you receive whole new set of possibilities !

My pictures
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4clix View Post
Dave, I know that, but I just had to try. I bought my HS20 for the better picture quality than my previous Fuji. J4c
Picture quality in my opinion is top notice. It is the best non D-SLR I have ever used. When I bought the HS10 I spend 2 month testing out cameras and settled on the HS10. When the HS20 came out I moved to the HS20 because my HS10 had a huge number of shutter clicks on it and I loved the HS10 so I figured the HS20 would be a good match. The only thing I missed on the HS20 over HS10 is the digital zoom mode.

The reason I moved on from the HS20 to a D-SLR (The Pentax K-5) was for a better burst mode and even better low light photos. There was nothing wrong with the HS20 just that I have become very serious in my photo work and felt it was time to move up the ladder. By the way the K-5 doesn't do video any better than the HS20....

dave
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:59 AM   #17

Thats why I mentioned Canon, and especially 550D because I know what I'm talking !
I have seen videos from 550D I've done cutting on them and I know they are MUCH better than HS-20's .
And the ISO performance gives you the chance to shoot good low-light and night movies.

And as I mean the 550D quality, you can check this one or maybe this one ... there are so many on youtube and I offer you to watch them on 1080p.

As for HS-20. I've uploaded some videos shot on hard daylight in my youtube profile. They are from a car race.
I have many other videos, but I've not uploaded them.

My pictures
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:22 PM   #18

Yes but Canon 550D is double hight price then HS20

i look and Nikon D3100...
MindHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindHunter View Post
Yes but Canon 550D is double hight price then HS20

i look and Nikon D3100...
yes but you get much better video without having to carry separate camcorder......

What is more important to you

a.) Great photos and ok video

b.) Great pictures and great video

c.) great video and ok pictures

from what you say b seems to be the answer. You just have to realize to get that you must pay more money...... sometomes more money does provide a better camera.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:30 PM   #20

my last post was not meant to be negative or a put down just that sometimes you have to realize the limitations of gear and move up the ladder to something that will do a better job and sometimes have to pay more.....