Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 28, 2004, 6:39 PM   #21

The 602 looks "professional" as it is to non-photographers (for example, when I was taking photos of David Blaine when he was suspended int a box in London someone came and asked me what newspaper I worked for), and an adapter tube of any kind isn't going to "fool" someone who knows their stuff, so there's no real need to worry about making it look better
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 3:18 PM   #22

Hi All

Well my S602 arrived today and I must say that I made the right choice. I had been considering the 5000 but I think the feel of the 602 is much better and the level of control that you have is great.

I also managed to go in to a shop and and ask the assistant to let me try the adaptor ring off the 5000 to see if it would fit. Unfortunately it did not it was to small. I thought that it was meant to have a 55mm thread. it must me the filter end of the adaptore that is this size as it seems flare out at the end. My thought was to buy a step down ring to allow it to fit because I must say that holding the adaptor against the lens it did make the camera look good.

Does anyone know what the thread size is for the 5000 adaptor?

Many thanks

Thomas
theduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 3:42 PM   #23
djb

i don't really know but it looks to be a 52mm to me.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 7:23 PM   #24

Is the adapter the same length as the one for the S602? I would want to be sure before I crashed my lens into whatever I had mounted onto the adapter, that is why I bought the proper adapter for both the S602 Pro that I purchased...

Just my thoughts,
Snow
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:52 AM   #25

Hi Guys

As far as I could see the adaptor is large enogh for the lens to come through okay.

I am going to a photography shop next week to experiment, will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Thomas
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:18 AM   #26

I know this may sound unusal and possibly a bit difficult to accomplish. But why not just get the correct adapter tube for the 602 rather than fiddling around with others and adapter rings to make the adapter tube fit? That way all you would have to do is screw it on the front of the camera and go....

Am I missing something here????

Maybe that would be too easy?

Snow.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:03 PM   #27

Default I agree with Snowdrggn

Your best bet would be to get the Fuji AR-FX9 Lens Adapter.

I got mine from www.SpectraVox.com for $39.78

It may seem like a lot, but I know it was going to fit and didn't have to do any makeshift fitting with adapter upon adapter.
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:21 PM   #28

Hi Snow, Jerry

I am just being a bit vein about the look of the camera. I know it is silly. By next week I will have out of my system and will have bought the correct adaptor.

Thomas
Old Jan 30, 2004, 6:32 PM   #29

I got both the tubes the same way I got my cameras. I dialed the toll free phone number for PC-Cameras in Canada, 3 days later the UPS people knocked on my door and handed them to me.