Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:56 PM   #1

Default Help with Lens adaptors for s602 desperatly required.

Hi All

Just joined this forum, hope you are all well.

At the moment I am in the market for an S602 but need to understand about lens adaptors:

The new S5000 looks like an SLR with the adaptor kit that comes with the camera. the S602 does not come with this adaptor. Can you use the same adaptor that come with the S5000? On the Fuji site the number of the S5000 adaptor is different to the one listed for the S602. The reason I ask is that I would like to make the S602 look like an SLR camera and I can't seem to find any pictures on the net showing the camera fitted with the Fuji adaptor. All the pictures of the S5000 show the camera with the adaptor attached and it does look very cool. The adaptor matches the width of the camera lens perfectly giving the appearance of an SLR lens. Would this also be the case on the S602?

Finally can you leave the adaptor in place like the S5000 and attach the lens cap to the S602 adapator recommended by Fuji ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

The Duke
theduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:28 PM   #2

There is a picture of a 6900 here: http://www.camerashed.co.uk/project13.asp

With the adapter tube mounted, I have the same adapters mounted on a S602 and it looks similar.

Does anybody know where I can find mudflaps for my 602Pro so it will look like a dump truck? <sic>

Laterz,
Snow.

PS: It's dark here so I can take my Digicam outside and nobody can see it and think it's a digicam.
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:41 PM   #3

Many thanks indeed for the response.

I noticed that the adaptor tube is not the same diameter of the lens.

Do you know if you can get the adaptor to be the same diameter to give it a look of being a single lens like on the S5000

Many thamks

The Duke
Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:15 PM   #4
djb

the Duke, the adapter has to be wider than the lens so that the lens can retract on power off. the adapters available are 55mm at
the base where they attach to the camera and either 55mm or 52 mm at the end where the lenscap would go. the adapter can stay on the camera permanently. i use the 55mm to 55mm adapter with a UV filter attached at the end. the lens cap provided by fuji for the s602 will not fit the adapter. you will need to get a 55mm cap or 52 mm cap depending on the adapter. as far as the adpaters being different for the s602 and the s5000, i don't know but, it's possible because the s5000 has a 10x zoom and the s602 is a 6x zoom. the length of the tubes may be different but, i think the diameter is the same. the adapters sell from about $7 or $8 or more.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:25 PM   #5

Hi djb

Many thanks for the response.

I was wondering if you had a photo of your camera with the adaptor attached. I have seen other adaptors but they don't seem to the same diameter as the lens casing they are slighly smaller. The s5000's adaptor is the same diameter as the lens casing so it flows along to give the impression of a larger slr lens.

I know that this may seem strange to be focusing on how the camera looks it lust that I was impressed with look of the s5000 and hoped to recreate it on the S602.

Again many thanks

The Duke
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:33 PM   #6
djb

The Duke, i don't have any pictures of my s602z with the adapter as it is my only digital camera. it does not look like a dslr as the adapter does not look like a camera lens. it's a straight flat tube with a collared looking end wher the filters or optional wa & tele lenses screw on. i thought there were a couple of pictures here on the discussion boards showing this set up.

dennis
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:40 PM   #7
djb

The Duke, snowdrggn, has a link to the 6900 showing the adapter tube on the camera. that looks exatly like what a s602z would look fitted with the adapter. can't be much clearer than that.

dennis

p.s. here's the link again:

http://www.camerashed.co.uk/project13.asp
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:43 PM   #8

The Duke,

Here is another link with a picture of a 6900 with the adapter tube and a filter installed on it! There is only ONE PICTURE on this page, so that would be the picture we are referring to, just in case the multiple picture issue is causing your confusion. If you study the page closely, the only picture on it (the one with the 6900 with an adapter tube and filter), would be the picture you are seeking.

http://www.camerashed.co.uk/project1.asp
I really hope that this removes any further confusion!

Snow.

PS: the same llinks are in the replies to your post on the dpreview forum also. If you are still unsure, post your snail mail address and I'm sure someone would do a screen capture and circle the only picture on the page that the link leads to and send it to you.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:46 PM   #9

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:50 PM   #10
djb

Snowdrggn, whutz wrong???

dennis