Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:10 PM   #11

Thanks for the posts members. It looks like the HS20 will win hands down, as I've already purchased Eneloop batteries and the HS20's on sale with extra accessories included free. I should have bought it when the price was lower. Now all sites have increased by a few $$s.

I think it'll be a major upgrade from my Nikon Coolpix 5400.. any comments? Thanks
radunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:14 PM   #12

when you get the camera, try running it at a setting, 15mp, sharpness low, noise reduction medium, tone hard. this is because of the small sensor and you will have a softer image but you will have maximized potential for editing and viewing and cropping. auto iso 800.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 9:05 PM   #13

I needed another camera for my other (overseas) office so that I did not have to cart one backwards and forwards. The camera is used for both industrial and "artistic" photography.

After almost a year with the HS20EXR, this time I gave serious consideration to buying an HS30EXR. A new HS30 is 30% more expensive than a new HS20. I felt that the HS30 is not 30% better in use or in picture quality. However, the final deal breaker with me was the proprietary battery required for the HS30. I decided to stick with the AA's and the HS20.

The HS25 is also a AA battery camera, however it is less featured than the HS20, and I use those missing features on my HS20.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:43 AM   #14

I could not agree more when it comes to what powers your camera. Double A powered cameras are the only way to go. Buying extra proprietary batteries can get very expensive and not to mention the special charger for them. Also you just don't find them anywhere like you can with double A's. Many times you will get a lot more shots with a good set of double A rechargables than you can with the proprietary batteries.
surplusshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplusshooter View Post
I could not agree more when it comes to what powers your camera. Double A powered cameras are the only way to go. Buying extra proprietary batteries can get very expensive and not to mention the special charger for them. Also you just don't find them anywhere like you can with double A's. Many times you will get a lot more shots with a good set of double A rechargables than you can with the proprietary batteries.
Eneloop Battery's are the best I have found.
Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote