Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default New owner of Fuji HS20EXR and Some Picture's

Hey guys found this site today upon looking for tips a tricks on taking nice shot's with my HS20.

This picture was taken today June, 03 2012. my attempt at the moon shot


I have one concern is if noticed my pic's have some noise in them. is this normal for RAW picture's?

and I just purchased a new tripod. A Sunpak platimun plus 6000PG. I know it's not the best, but it's what i can afford. it has what i was looking for a ball head mount and light wieght.



I'm a real begginer at this still reading and playing with setting's so any good advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by Soundworks3D; Jun 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM. Reason: wanted to add that i put some picture's
Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Member
 
john339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California USA
Posts: 62
Default

You might go to this site.
http://akiwiretrospective.blogspot.c...-settings.html
He has extensive experience with that camera and gives good initial setting recommendations.
I used his settings to start with and they helped a lot.
__________________
Fuji HS-20
Pentax Kr
Sony SLT57
john339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john339 View Post
You might go to this site.
http://akiwiretrospective.blogspot.c...-settings.html
He has extensive experience with that camera and gives good initial setting recommendations.
I used his settings to start with and they helped a lot.
Thanx! I will checking it out.
Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default

some more pictures.






Last edited by Soundworks3D; Jun 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bulgaria, Eastern Europe
Posts: 168
Default

Very good photos, I like them

The last one is very good balanced. But it looks to me, that the quality is not so good ?!
Is it right or not ? How is the quality of the bigger picture size.
__________________
Stan
---------------

My pictures
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny View Post
Very good photos, I like them

The last one is very good balanced. But it looks to me, that the quality is not so good ?!
Is it right or not ? How is the quality of the bigger picture size.
Thanks. it looks good to me, well i'm still learning. I'm new to the full feature bridge camera, I had a Sony CD-Mavica 200. Lasted me tell this year where the cd drive started failing and slammed it on the floor and got my self this beautiful camera. tired of the cellphone picture's.

And about the photo yeah it looks good to me. It was shot in RAW format. after reading a couple of this forums and pages decided to go back to Jpeg. but here is a link to the same picture only bigger so you can be the judge. The picture was taken with out a tripod since I didn't purchase my tripod until 2 days ago.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...47086888_o.jpg

Last edited by Soundworks3D; Jun 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default

These pictures where shot yesterday 06-05-12



This is my little chihuahua's monkey




Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:30 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default







Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:32 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Please comment. let me know what you think !!
Soundworks3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:18 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bulgaria, Eastern Europe
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundworks3D View Post
Thanks. it looks good to me, well i'm still learning. I'm new to the full feature bridge camera, I had a Sony CD-Mavica 200. Lasted me tell this year where the cd drive started failing and slammed it on the floor and got my self this beautiful camera. tired of the cellphone picture's.

And about the photo yeah it looks good to me. It was shot in RAW format. after reading a couple of this forums and pages decided to go back to Jpeg. but here is a link to the same picture only bigger so you can be the judge. The picture was taken with out a tripod since I didn't purchase my tripod until 2 days ago.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...47086888_o.jpg

YES, I am wrong, the picture is good

The truth is, that you are doing a very good job !!! And the pictures you are posting here are just SUPER.
Only one I dont like is the second one from your last post, cause it's unnatural blurred ... You should do it better or just don't blur it. The picture is good enough for me and without the blurring.
__________________
Stan
---------------

My pictures
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:46 AM.