Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:38 PM   #1

Default Down At The Pond

I spent a little time down by the pond watching for dragonflies with the S100fs. The Lotus were also blooming. Thanks for taking a look and all comments & critique is welcomed and appreciated.
Attached Images

https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithtate
Keith Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:23 PM   #2

Very nice images, Keith. I checked out your web site briefly, and looked at the praying mantis photos you have there. Some stunning images.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Very nice images, Keith. I checked out your web site briefly, and looked at the praying mantis photos you have there. Some stunning images.

I don't keep it updated nearly as often as I should !!!! Thanks for checking it out Robert, much appreciated!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithtate
Keith Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:46 PM   #4

Yes, a couple of very good images there...

Back about 6 years ago I bought my first, what I call "serious" camera. At the time I was undecided on either the Fujifilm S6000 or the S9600. I settled on the S6000 simply because I felt that I was taking a big step up and away from the pocket camera and wanted to crawl before I tried to walk. The S6000 never let me down. It gave the most fantastic results I have ever had from any Digital camera at the time. I still have it and it still gives hugely beautiful pictures to look at. It can't be technically compared to some other cameras I have now or have owned since then but I am still amazed at just how good that camera is for its age. I am amazed also at just how far a measly 6MP can go in the right hands or should I say - in the right camera.

I know the S6000 cannot compare to your S100 but I have grown to trust FujiFilm cameras, seeing many great results from a handful of FujiFilm cameras. Yesterday I bought a smaller point and shoot Fuji camera, an F660 and I hope it will deliver the goods for its class type... I simply want another pocket type camera as I have missed them in the past 4 or 5 years,, and they have grown so much since back then...

Once again, nice pics, nice camera...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:15 AM   #5

wow! pretty amazing shots. Mr. Keith, would you be so kind to tell me if you used any filters or special lenses for these shots. I have a Fujifilm HS30 but I don't think I could zoom this close without blowing the background. Could you please give me some tips if you have the time. Thanks again and hope to see more amazing shots.
newbiecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:45 AM   #6

Default Beautiful pictures!

Very, very nice pictures, professionally presented! I especially liked the first one. Also great pictures on your website!
Well Done!
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote