Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 3, 2004, 8:20 AM   #1
BG

Default Can I stream VCR through S7000 to computer

I am quite naive in this area but I have old VCR VHS tapes I would like to get into my computer for editing and creating CDs. I am considering buying a S7000. Could I simply plug the A/V jack to the VCR and stream the data through to the computer and use my Pinnacle software to edit it. I have been told I can buy a special board for the computer but it would be cool to use the camera instead.

Any help is welcome.
Bernie
BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:51 AM   #2

Default I think NO !

Hello BG,
I do not know whether I understood you right, but the A/V-jack is definitively an A/V-out. So you won't get any data via this port into the camera - it's just for viewing pictures or in-camera processed videos on the tv.
Depending an calculating power of your PC a hardware-based mpeg2-compression will be the best way (regarding time and costs).
Hope I could help you...
W.D.John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:08 AM   #3
BG

Thanks WD John

I guess I must learn another angle to handle old VHS tapes (a few 8mm too) - but it's fun to learn and I'm starting at zero. I hope the S7000 will be enjoyable for me.

Just finished 4 weeks in Egypt so winter is tough to see back here. Hope it's not too severe in the Baltic.

BG
BG is offline   Reply With Quote