Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:53 AM   #1

Default S602 Memory Advice

Hi

Is it ok to use Sandisk Compact flash cards with A Fuji S602?

I have read of some problems with compact flash cards in movie mode.

Which cards are ok with above camera?

Any advice would be great

Thanks
chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2004, 1:22 PM   #2

I don't use it very often, but I think only CF type II cards will work for movies. I use CF type I with no problems so far.
pbnoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2004, 8:40 AM   #3

.........I don't use it very often, but I think only CF type II cards will work for movies. I use CF type I with no problems so far..............

The Type II cards guaranteed to work OK are Microdrives, the rest is a bit of a minefield. Some do, some don't. 32X speed seems to be the right flavour, but I've got a 48X 256 Mb CF which stalled until I changed its cluster size. You might be OK with a 512 Mb 32X card, since the default cluster size when new is bigger. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2004, 6:32 PM   #4
hst

Default I use the Sandisk UltraII

I have been using the Sandisk Ultra II which has a write time of 9MBps. It works great. Its a CF1 card. Its a little more expensive but worth it.

I tried a standard CF card (simpletech) which I discovered was only a 1.5 MBps write time and it had quite a few write errors because it was so slow.

You probably want to consider a fast card. A microdrive is about 3-4MBps which is close to the 4MBps xd Card. Either of those should be fine.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2004, 12:56 PM   #5

Hi All

Well, i took the Fuji back to the shop. Not happy with it, too bulky and only 3m/pixel too. Also problems with CF card.

May go and get an Olympus C5050 or a Canon A80.
chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:13 AM   #6
hst

Default Give the S7000 a try

Its still a large camera but takes much better pictures which you can enlarge quite a bit. If its not out of you budget, you might want to give it some consideration.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:22 AM   #7

I have a couple of 602 Pros around my house, I peurchased the first one and my better half fell in love with it. I then purchased the second one so I again had a camera to use!

In the time I have owned a 602 I have learned to disllike the camera extremely! Here are the things that annoy me..... It refuses to install fresh batteries in it self when it needs them.
It consistently takes better pictures than I do! It will not climb out of the camera bag on its own. Every time I find it lacking a feature, by reading the manual and playing with it, I find it actually does do what I want it to! It refuses to accept the fact that it is only a 3 megapixel camera and insists on producing exceptional picures..

I was thoroughly upset that it wasn't like any 35mm SLR that I've bought in the fact that there no learning curve involved when a person first gets them.

I wish I would've taken mine back immediately. I can fully understand why 100% of S602 owners put them in the closet and refuse to use them!!!

Yes it does have its quirks, but so do I!

I wish somebody would take my 602 away so I could go get another 602!!!

Just one owner's opinion,

Snow.

PS: Lexar 12x CF will run to "Card Full" on video @ 640x480
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:25 AM   #8

I think I should proof read my posts for typos!!!
Grrrr....
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2004, 4:29 PM   #9

I only once came across a site hosted for cat freaks which included a spell checker! What would be nice would be something at Steve's end which learns your posting style so you type the first couple of words and it fills in the rest of your sentence: "Whi.......ch....cam..era...should....I....buy.... . or links to the search engine and comes back with a set of links as you type the question.

Artificial intelligence - nows there's something, linking that massive database of posts to answer any photo question automatically, unless its never been asked - the ultimate in frequently asked question response! VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote