Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:33 AM   #11

mrkryz is right !!! It its around 30 mins of video.

Let me tell you, the video quality (for a photo camera) is great.
jmdavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 6:01 PM   #12

hey jmdavila,
you said some thing about some heat :twisted: in the magicstor microdrive after some shots... what about record non-stopping 30 minutes of video? have you tried :?:

thanks

Luiz Gerent from Brazil
lgerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 9:45 AM   #13

Yes, not 30 mins. but around 15 mins.

It works fine, but gets very very hot. :twisted: You can get burned easily with it.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:18 AM   #14

Is your card formatted correctly or is the cam unable to read the 2Gig card? At 1 gig I can get 15 mins, why at 2 gig you get the same is beyond me unless the camera has a limitation?
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 4:20 PM   #15

No, no. I can see and access the whole 2GBs; around 30 mins of video and around 1350 images @ 6MP.

15 mins is the longest video that I have take.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:02 AM   #16

The MagicStore 2.2 GB microdrive may be purchased at http://www.bananapc.com/Search/produ...cstor&Op=2 for $148.00. I have been using it in my Fuji S7000 with no problems so far. Since the original size of the drive is over the FAT 16 limit of 2GB the camera will NOT format the drive. However after formating the drive on your PC to FAT16, the drive now has a size of 1.98GB. I have been using the microdrive in my camera with an Olympus 512MB Xd card and have experienced no problems. After taking a combination of stills and movies, all of the stills and movies may be reviewed on the camera with no problems. I currentoly need to download the microdrive files from the camera using the camera's USB interface because the Dazzle 10 and 1 card reader I had currupts the avi movie files. I have tested several other no name card readers with no problems. You will need to experiment with card readers to find one that works. In my experience I believe most will work, just not the Dazzle 10 and 1.
wpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:05 AM   #17

How did you do 15 minutes? Din't your batteries drain out befor 15 minutes? What batteries do you use?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:07 AM   #18

In the Fuji S7000, you can record just a bit over 30 minutes.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 6:52 AM   #19

wpas wrote:
Quote:
The MagicStore 2.2 GB microdrive may be purchased at http://www.bananapc.com/Search/produ...cstor&Op=2 for $148.00.

Just a quick question about these banana guys. I went to their site b/c I thought the pricing mentioned above seemed very good. I couldn't find any pysical address on their contact or about us pages, which always makes me nervous. I googled their name and came up with an old forum thread about a fraudulent company with links to them by the name of Comtrade. the thread is on: http://www.grohol.com/computers/comtr99.htm

So Now I'm not that keen on them. Does anyone have any experiences good or bad, they would like to share before I part with any $?
overmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 7:32 AM   #20

While I purchased my MagicStore 2.2 GB microdrive from the Banna guys and the delivery was just fine, I do not recommend you purchase the MagicStore drive. You get what you pay for. The MagicStore drive uses a large standby current when installed in the Fuji S7000 camera. As a result, you cannot select the XD card when the microdrive is in the camera. To use the XD card, you must remove the microdrive from the camera.