Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 8, 2004, 5:56 PM   #1

Default Dont know wich one. Fujii FinePix s5000 - Canon PowerShot S5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know wich one of this two cameras I should buy.
The Fuji FinePix S5000 ore the Canon PowerShot S50. I need a camera that can take nice pictures, but it shouldnt just be a normal camera.

I want to major in photography, so I want a camera that can play around with.

Thanks
Barry18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2004, 7:00 PM   #2

Default Re: Dont know wich one. Fujii FinePix s5000 - Canon PowerSho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know wich one of this two cameras I should buy.
The Fuji FinePix S5000 ore the Canon PowerShot S50. I need a camera that can take nice pictures, but it shouldnt just be a normal camera.

I want to major in photography, so I want a camera that can play around with.

Thanks
You're comparing two very diferent cameras in my case I'd take the S5000 over the S50 anyday, but that's me, I like wildlife photography and for that use the 10x zoom is a must have, you just have to decide what kind of photos will you be taking and go from there.
I'll have to say that if you're into wildlife or sports pictures you should buy the S50 the image quality is way better than the S5000 and you have the same or more features.

Just my opinion of course.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2004, 9:44 PM   #3
hst

Default Consider the S7000

I had a G5 and the colors were very good and it captured detailed shots. The main issues I had were with the purple fringing, red eye in almose every indoor flash shot and the blue haze I had on outdoor shots with high contrast. I sent it back and got the S7000 and am very happy with it. It costs about the same as a G5

I'm not really farmiliar with 5000 so I would have to defer comment to owners of the camera.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote