Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 13, 2004, 11:08 AM   #1

Default S5000 newbie -- Have HUGE problem

I got my S5000 yesterday, took a few pics, and went and loaded the software onto my PC. When I loaded the pics with the by USB through the camera, only 4 out of 6 loaded. Now my PC will not recognize the camera and gives an I/O error. The light also flashes red on the camera. I stayed up until 3a.m. trying to straighten this out, reloading the drivers and programs. I have a HP 2.8 with Windows XP. Please help!
Jango15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2004, 11:56 AM   #2
hst

Default Check fujifilm.com for new drivers

When the camera first came out it didn't have XP drivers. Check their site and it will have the correct drivers for WindowXP and your camera.

Hope that works!
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:25 PM   #3

I tried that last night, it didn't work either. I appreciate your response, though. Does anyone think a card reader may help? The images do show up on the camera's viewfinder, they just won't transfer to my PC.
Jango15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:31 PM   #4

I'd recommend a card reader anyway. There are many advantages to it and the driver should be included. I have had trouble with a PNY SD reader and there are other posts about problems with PNY drivers. I also have a Lexar multi-format one and it works well
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 4:53 PM   #5

The card reader may also help you sort out whether you have camera, mediaor port connection problems in the future. Since most (but not PNY it seems?) readers are built by computer engineer with software which you might expect to have more confidence in, I'd expect a card reader to work before the proprietary camera stuff, which might be behind in software updates.

Lastly there can be issues with USB needing later BIOS or Motherboard drivers. If you have a card reader, at least this is a second usb device, if you get similar problems installing that, then look at getting the port working OK first.

I assume you are sure the batts are fully charged and are using large NiMh NOT AA alkalines? - downloading from the camera soon runs them down. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2004, 8:44 AM   #6

Default Re: Check fujifilm.com for new drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst
When the camera first came out it didn't have XP drivers. Check their site and it will have the correct drivers for WindowXP and your camera.

Hope that works!
If you are using windows xp you do not need to load any drivers for the camera or for a card reader! I bought the camera the day it hit the shelf at Best Buy and have never loaded a piece of software from fuji. It sounds like a softwarer issue to me. I would uninstall the fuji software and try and get the camera to work with the windows built in software for digital cameras. Please keep us posted.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 5:13 PM   #7

just going through some old posts and i agree with goofus

Win Xp and xp pro will pick up a card reader as a removable disk, as i use a finepix card reader with my S3000 and i'm running xp pro on my pc
picnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 7:33 AM   #8

I've never used the software that came with my S5000. My computer has a card reader so I just take out the memory card and insert it into the card reader. The XP already had the program I needed. My printer and computer bothhave card readers. I would suggest a card reader.
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:40 AM   #9

My sugestion, NEVER USE DRIVERS FOR DEVICES THAT WINDOWS ALREADY HAVE.

In your case i scare that you have to reinstall your windows. same is happened to

me on win2k because i was install fuji drivers for usb and via chipset service pack.

i was try to fix problem, to reinstall rivers, to edit registry bla bla.. nothing helps me

until reinstalling windows. SORRY

Please do not install anydriver that windows already have.

reinstall windows and just plug-in your camera in usb

maliiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 1:18 PM   #10

Hi from New Zealand, neat forums!

I just had to post because I have just had exactly the same problem and it near drove me nuts, lol.

My new fuji camera wouldn't install on xp pro and I kept getting the 'data is invalid' error. 4 days of trying to suss it out (and some very red eyes from staring at my monitor for too long!) I finally decided to uninstall sp2 and the camera was recognised by my pc like a dream. (Did critical updates immediately.)

I used the drivers in xp and didn't install the image software on the accompanying cd.

Hope that helps someone!
Hailaz is offline   Reply With Quote