Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:46 PM   #1

Default Is Fujifilm 2600Z the best of them all?

First I used a Fujiflm 2600Z for about a year. A shot more than 40.000 pictures with it. Mostly I took pictures of houses, gardens and landscape. Also street pictures here from Stockholm. I really loved tha little clumsy digi. I gave it away and got a Fujifilm A 410. The pictures was not as good as the pictures I shot with my first camera. Then I got a F 700. A sold it. The pictures was even worse. Now I have a Canon A70, a nice little camera. But the pictures is not close as good as the 2MEG-pictures I took with my first camera. Why is it so? The cheapest camera takes the best images? I find those pictures in 1600 x 1200 very, very good. Anyone that has a 2600Z to sell to me?

[email protected]
Thomas Andersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:16 AM   #2

I'm sorry but you must have weird tastes. Either that, or you got a crush on that Fuji model. You always remember your first love
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:16 PM   #3

I just looked at Steve's sample pics with that model and they ARE VERY impressive! Try looking for one on ebay
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:30 AM   #4

Is it possible that an older larger 2Mpix camera with a decent lens, built when the products were new and special, might still outperform (in picture NOT feature terms), a newer compact camera, smaller ccd, lens and with some noise - except for large prints where the resolution is needed? VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:44 PM   #5

I have a 2600Z. It is nice. I mean really nice. I took thousands of picture with it. All I can say is that I love this camera. Even now I have got my S7000, I still love my little bro, 2600.
wmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 6:34 PM   #6

Default Gotta love them!!

I bought a 2400 Zoom, and really was impressed with it. Unfortunately my resident "pony tailed camera bandit" liked it too! I bought another 2400Zoom for myself, which I still have and it still impresses me with its picture quality and goof proof operation. I later bought a a S602 Pro, which the lumpy sweatered, pony tailed one fell in love with! I went and found a second S602 Pro for myself after she didn't want to let go of that, for myself. ( Are we starting to see a pattern here?) Last Christmas we were looking for a point and shoot digicam for her daughter. After much looking and trying cameras, we went looking for a 2400/2600 Zoom for her as they seemed to be consitently a good, easy to use camera that left the user with great photos. We found a 2600 Zoom that was hardly used in new condition. The girl has been nothing short of delighted with the camera, and has produced some fantastic pictures with it. Although the S602 is not comparable to the 2400/2600, and are dearly guarded by us, the 2400/2600s around here won't be given up by their respective owners. The reason we went with the 2600 instead of the 2650 is that we have an abundance of Smart Media on hand. The only issue with the 2600 that has been noticed is the life span of batteries compared to the 2400 which takes 4 AAs (goes longer), But the smaller size of the 2600 compensates for this somewhat. The more I compare the 2400/2600 Fujis to other Point and Shoot cameras, the happier I am with what we have. I personally think that they excell at what they were designed for, and beyond. We have made some decent 8x10 prints from them as well. Other than a mode selector lever failing on one of the 2400s (operator induced) they have performed flawlessly for many thousands of pictures (the 2400s), and been put in situations I'm sure that they were never designed for ( Inflatable boats at high speeds in rough water, left in vehicles @ -40 overnight) and kept doing things as they always did, other than the periodic disassembly and dust removal, which is simple enough for the owner to do themselves in about 10 minutes per camera.

May they live on in my house!

Snow.
Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2004, 8:45 AM   #7

Well the saga of the 2600 continues.

This was my first digicam and it really got me interested in digital cameras. When I printed 8x10ís from this camera I was sold on digital (havenít used my film cameras since). What I did do was buy a S602 that I think is the best!!! (love the manual control) I now carry my 2600 in my work truck (building inspector) and itís light and small size is perfect. As for the picture quality, they have always been superb. My only complaint on the 2600 is the LCD screen washes out in sunlight really bad (un-viewable). Putting that aside for a 2 meg camera you will not get better pictures.

Oh yea, Not For Sale
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 12:24 PM   #8

I too have a fujifinepix 2600. Daylight and outdoor shots are superb! But my problems are about its LCD and pictures taken in poor lighting conditions eg. indoor and night time. The camera cannot auto focus. I cannot even view the picture to be taken especially at night because the LCD is too dark!

Because of this, I am thinking of getting a new camera. My dilema is that most reviews that I have seen do not say anything much about the LCD and if they take good pictures in poor lighting conditons.

Is there anything I can do to remedy these?
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 12:25 PM   #9

I too have a fujifinepix 2600. Daylight and outdoor shots are superb! But my problems are about its LCD and pictures taken in poor lighting conditions eg. indoor and night time. The camera cannot auto focus. I cannot even view the picture to be taken especially at night because the LCD is too dark!

Because of this, I am thinking of getting a new camera. My dilema is that most reviews that I have read do not say anything much about the LCD and if they take good pictures in poor lighting conditons.

Is there anything I can do to remedy these?
mari is offline   Reply With Quote