Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:58 AM   #1
hst

Default 100.00 rebate on Fuji S7000

I notice that fuji now has a rebate of $100 on the Fuji S7000 is anyone is getting one. Its running for a few months and started Feb 15th.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2004, 11:19 AM   #2

I purchased one last night, so now I don't have any excuse not to produce exceptional photo's. Right?
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:44 PM   #3
hst

Default You should get some great shots

I really like mine. I had one with the power issue problem that was produced before December. Dell took it back with a full refund. I ordered another S7000 and I could have purchased any type. I'm a very happy customer.

The 12MP mode takes excellent shots, which you will find out. The details are crisp. I also use the Auto Action shot feature a lot. It stops motion and the pictures are not blurry unlike some of the competitors auto action mode.

Get a fast card to record your photos on. If your using a XD Card you'll have no problems at all. I use a Compact Flash Sandisk Ultra II. I have tried some slower cards and gotten quite a few write errors especially with the 640x480 video.

Its a shame the reviewers of this camera were so hard on it. I think most of the commercial review sites were unfair and tried to rate is as a 12MP camera instead of a 6MP which is what it really is. The camera probably would have sold better with commercial endorcements that were more balanced.
Dpreview cropped the 12MP images 100% and then compaired them to a 8MP Sony. For fun I took some S7000 photos and resized them to 3264X2448 (8MP) and then viewed both the Sony 8MP and the S7000 at 100%. The S7000 images looked better and had less noise in my comparison (apples to apples)

I hope you enjoy the camera as much as I have!!!
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:14 PM   #4
hst

Default MoonGypsy did you get your new camera

Just wondering if you got your new camera and if you were pleased with it? My replacement S7000 comes in tomorrow. I've missed having it this past week for some events.