Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 29, 2004, 9:33 PM   #1

Default Fuji F420?

Does anyone know anything about the new F420? I saw a press release about it but have not seen a single review of it anywhere on the net.
Any input would be appreciated.
Birdman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2004, 3:37 AM   #2

Ive been waiting on word about this camera too. Here are some user reviews from people who have picked it up from Japan already.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read...i_finepixf420z
kaybob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 9:34 AM   #3

The F420 will not be sold in the US market. Only in Asian and European markets. If you find it in the US it would be considered "gray market" and will not be supported by FUJI USA.
If this camera does well, may make it to the US in a US version, but wouldn't count on it.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 9:52 AM   #4

Thanx. I believe it will be sold then at least in Canada as I have seen a press release announcing its imminent introduction, and I know a guy that works with a Fuji distributor and indicated that he can get the camera if I want it.

I have not been able to see on in real life. How does it compare size to the Pentax S4?
Birdman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 4:51 AM   #5

My family have that camera. I love the design of that camera, small, large lcd screen, etc. The picture quality in my opinion mostly better than my sony dsc-p10 at the same resolution (3MP). F420 color is more natural and the picture is sharper than my sony. Another advantage is F420 is using 2x AAA nimh batteries and the charger is supplied, so we can just buy 3rd party AAA nimh batteries for spare (which is quite cheap than lithium batteries) and use supplied standard charger (it must be nimh, not nicd). It can also use regular AAA alkaline batteries. But the drawbacks is, F420 dont have focus assist illuminator, so it is difficult to focus in dark place. Other than that, I dont have any problem with the camera.
tesna is offline   Reply With Quote