Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 3, 2004, 3:31 AM   #61

Default No Noise!

Quote:
With all do respect, I think you might have exaggerated a little bit there After all, if it's that good, people will stop buying DSLRs for S7000.
No, I think after tinkering enough with the post processing there is a basis for my statement. Look at the photo in the gallery here

http://home.si.rr.com/seafarer/

(apologies, site under construction but the photo gallery works!)

I think this photo rivals anything you can get with a 6MP digital SLR, it may not be 100% as good but damn close for 1/2 the price! If I can do this with post processing a RAW file then Fuji can make the camera do it native with a firmware flash.
divedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:38 PM   #62

Default Fuji Customer Services - a joke

Don't hold your breath chaps if you think Fuji cares a **** about the consumer - this is my experience of Fuji Customer Support:

I have had numerous problems with my early S7000 including the battery drain problem. Camera sometimes fails to switch on and stops with the Fuji logo on the screen, I have to remove batteries to clear it. I also get write errors when taking several shots in a row. I have changed the batteries and borrowed another Microdrive and a 500mb CompactFlash card but still get the problems.
Wrote to Fuji Tech support and got a reply saying that they could fix the battery problem for free if I sent the camera to them - no mention of the other problems. Duly sent the camera off at my own expense by insured courier and it was returned within 5 working days.
The same camera was returned with the same problems.
Looked for a telephone number for Fuji Customer Services in the UK - I couldn't find one. Phoned the Fuji head office switchboard and was told that they didn't have a Customer Services department as such but if I told the operator the problem she would put me through to someone. I explained everything to the person on the switchboard and was put through to someone called Andrais who asked for my telephone number and said that 'Ben ' would call me back. Ben called and said that he will send me some packaging to enable me to return the camera again!
I have been using (Fuji) digital cameras for about 5 years now so I am not a complete novice
I welcome comments from anyone who has had similar problems with the S7000 or with Fuji Customer Support.
rpjjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:04 PM   #63

Default Re: No Noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedr
No, I think after tinkering enough with the post processing there is a basis for my statement. Look at the photo in the gallery here

http://home.si.rr.com/seafarer/

(apologies, site under construction but the photo gallery works!)

I think this photo rivals anything you can get with a 6MP digital SLR, it may not be 100% as good but darn close for 1/2 the price! If I can do this with post processing a RAW file then Fuji can make the camera do it native with a firmware flash.
There's no noise, but I find the picture's sharpness to be on the very soft side. :?
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote