Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 13, 2004, 9:47 AM   #1

Default Strange Error Message

I got an error (at least I think it was an error) message that said "System Halt". I couldn't do anything. Not even turn the camera off. The batteries had to drain. I then removed, and replaced the batteries and all was back to normal. Fortunately, I did not loose the images. I looked through the manual and nothing relating to this message. Anyone else had the experience? Thanks!
ps34109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:21 AM   #2

Default Error message

Which camera? There are several "system" error messages for ANY camera. Jammed motors, out of range inputs, over-current etc. Often it's just a loose ribbon cable, but THAT one is interesting. Almost like a kernel failure ! Just keep an eye on it, and don't worry for now, seems you found a fix.
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:56 AM   #3

S7000. All has been well since, but sure concerns me. Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 7:20 AM   #4

I had exactly the same error message just this week-end. I was shooting at a wedding-party, and it happened two or three times. Camera (S7000) completely stuck, and I had to remove the batteries before it would react.

I thought it had something to do with too many pictures in too short a time, but a couple of weeks ago I did a photoshoot and took something like 700 pics in 1.5 hours. The camera was behaving like I expected : faster than anything I ever saw in digital cameras, and no problems whatsoever.

When I got the "System Halt", I was shooting at a normal speed.

Strange, and haven't had the time to try again.
DeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:33 AM   #5

I spoke with Fuji tech, and they said they had never heard of that error message, but if it happened frequently to send for repair. That didn't make me feel too good. However, it has only happened 2 times in the 5 months I have had it, and I have probably taken 10,000 or more pics.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:59 AM   #6

I had similar experiances when I had an older CF card that was writing to slow. It would lock up and I couldn't get it to work right. I bought a new card and no problems after several thousand pictures. I have a fast CF and also an IBM microdrive.
host is offline   Reply With Quote